Stronger, Better, Faster 9-9

Options
Yesterday, I was a bit under the weather. Still did yoga and walking, but skipped weights. I had pain in my stomach and didn't want to do the "abs" section. So, can I make up for it by going twice tomorrow? I was very proud of myself for staying within my calories without the weights class and going down to a pound a week. I was quite hungry this morning when I went to get my blood drawn (fasting).

Today, I might go to kickboxing again and do my elliptical walk/jog and some extra walking this morning.

Ever have one of those days when the mirror isn't nice to you? I look at my arms now and am very pleased - but maybe I was bloated yesterday (see above), but my stomach looked huge! I even measured it to make sure. It was a little high, so maybe there was something going on. Feel ok today though.

Have a great workout!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I was a bit under the weather. Still did yoga and walking, but skipped weights. I had pain in my stomach and didn't want to do the "abs" section. So, can I make up for it by going twice tomorrow? I was very proud of myself for staying within my calories without the weights class and going down to a pound a week. I was quite hungry this morning when I went to get my blood drawn (fasting).

Today, I might go to kickboxing again and do my elliptical walk/jog and some extra walking this morning.

Ever have one of those days when the mirror isn't nice to you? I look at my arms now and am very pleased - but maybe I was bloated yesterday (see above), but my stomach looked huge! I even measured it to make sure. It was a little high, so maybe there was something going on. Feel ok today though.

Have a great workout!

Mary
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I can't seem to stay away from McD's this week not matter how hard I try, and when I do go, I fail to make healthier choices. I need to snap back into it! I haven't exercised since last week too, which is throwing me off big time.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Rach, NO MORE MC'D's! lol

Mary, I had something like that happen to my stomach twice actually. Something in my abs hurt, like I pulled something. Then for the next two days it was big and hard. Maybe not the same thing you experienced though. It's back to normal today?

Maybe I did something stupid this morning but it was still fun. I still have a nasty sore throat. Hurts to swallow. I went for a walk anyway. I knew it was going to rain but on the radar it looked like it wasn't going to be here for an hour or so. It was drizzling when I went, then it started sprinkling. It was fine and wasn't bothering me, felt good with the cool breeze. My son wanted to go around the loop again which added another 1.1 miles. How could I turn that down? I need the exercise so why not? (He wanted to go around again after that but I had had enough.) It started raining and we were soaked by the time we got home. (another reason I didn't want to walk around again!) No biggie, it was fun, but I just hope it wasn't stupid because I have a sore throat. I suppose if it's meant to turn into a cold then it will anyway. I am praying that it won't.
    So no shredding today since I walked further and have a blister trying to start on my foot.
    Goals: drink lots and lots of water
    and get some rest this afternoon
    gotta clean up the house since we have a therapist coming over.
    May go on a date with hubby tonight. Hope I feel better.
    Have a great day!
    Melissa
    PS My guns are starting to show up pretty nicely now. :tongue: I've been waited for guns for a long time so just let me boast in it for a moment. :laugh:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

Mary, I had something like that happen to my stomach twice actually. Something in my abs hurt, like I pulled something. Then for the next two days it was big and hard. Maybe not the same thing you experienced though. It's back to normal today?

Mine was big and squishy :laugh: the pain is the same, but I didn't do abs on Sat or Sun.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Big and squishy huh? Hmm. Got me stumped!

I walked 3.5 miles an hour, pushing my 30 pound son in a 15-20 pound stroller, going up and down a few hills, and I did it for 80 minutes (4.5 miles). The site says I only burned 345 calories! Does that sound right? I put in 3.5mph at 80 min. but I'm wondering if I should put in 4.0 at 80 min. to account for the stroller. Any advice?
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Mechanic -- I'd google around and average the numbers that you get for stroller workouts.

I seem to be in an "all or nothing" stage here during the shoot. I'm working out like crazy -- have managed to burn 500+ every day since I've been here which I've never managed to do yet. But I'm really hungry and have still been going 200 calories over on a few days. Not happy about that, I need to get more in control with that aspect, as well as the eating late at night.

So my goals continue:
    * Burn 500+ calories today OR
    *Yoga class, if I can get there in time after work
    *Drink antioxidant water
    *No eating after 8pm
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Wow, put those guns away, Melissa - you're intimidating me!!! :wink: Just kidding - boast away! But Rach, honey - step away from the McDonald's! :noway: Can you change your route so you don't go by there?

I *THINK* I lost weight this week! 2 weeks ago I was 163.6, last week 164.0, and this week 162.8. So I am excited and very hopeful that it will be a permanent loss this time. Just over 3 pounds to go until I am no longer in the technically "overweight" category according to my BMI. I had already decided to stick with the 1lb/week deficit for at least another week, but I am happy to see some indication of progress. And I am not having any trouble eating those extra calories!

Today is shred and pushups. I had been thinking of running but I think I overdid it on the squats yesterday because my knee is bothering me, so I think I will wait until Thursday to run. Happy workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. . .

So, now that I've experienced half a Tuesday, I'm declaring it my day off from exercise. I'm doing a split on Tuesdays, teaching in the a.m. and doing a class from 5-8 in the pm. . .add to that the fact that my commute is two hours round trip, (so it doesn't make sense to do it twice every Tuesday) and I think I might use it as a commute day/study day and stay on campus all day.

I've been trying to figure out how to take a day off, so, problem solved.:wink: That means I'm back to two days a week weights, but I think the isometric aspect of yoga will even that out. Either that or we need to put an extra day in the week.:tongue:

Sounds like everybody is on a powerful upswing! Hooray! Momentum!:flowerforyou:
  • natalie424
    Options
    Hey guys... I took the day off from exercise... I had a really long 12+ hour day. Back to it tomorrow! :)
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yeah, me too - I just did my pushups (65 in all! whew!) and I think I am done for the day. Back to shred and aerobics class tomorrow!