StrongLifts Diet: 8 Simple Nutrition Rules

Options
crisanderson27
crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-diet-muscle-gains-strength-building-fat-loss/

What an interesting link. Yes, this is for strength training...but, the workout this gentleman recommends is 3 days a week, less than an hour per workout. Not exactly heavy cardio there or high calorie burning stuff.

For the record, this is pretty much how I eat anyway...whole butters and other fats (lots of them), higher protien, and moderate carbs. Oddly enough, it's also how I strength train...and I just found this link today.

It was interesting to see someone so successful at strength training (NOT BODYBUILDING) verify most of what I'd figured out on my own through reading and experience.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    whats ur goals?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    whats ur goals?

My personal goals? Strength primarily...12-14% bodyfat tops would be next...possibly lower depending on what my body requires to maintain it. Form follows function, so in the end the above two requirements will determine everything else.

I was curious what everyone thought of the diet in general. It seems to conflict in some ways with a portion of what I read over here most often.

Cris