How many calories do you add if...

sharidiane
sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
You make a smoothie with Chobani, and it is so vile that you can barely swallow it, and then about 10 minutes later you hurl from the powdery residue that's left in your throat?

Ok, so I haven't hurled ... yet. But seriously, that stuff is freaking disgusting. How do you guys eat it? I'm being serious here, actually, not sarcastic - I seriously can't understand how anyone would eat Chobani.

Replies

• remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Really? I'm a SUPER picky eater and I just tried some today for the first time and LOVED it! Did you get a fruit flavored one?
  • I absolutely love it! I do eat the ones that are fruit flavored though.

Good luck!
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago after reading so much about it here on MFP and I absolutely love it...I have one almost everyday either for breakfast or lunch...I find them to be very filling...I dont think I would try it plain but my favorite is the Chobani pineapple or the Dannon honey...
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Lol! I assume you're talking about greek yogurt? I think people either love it or hate it. I absolutely love it...but only if I mix honey in with it...a lot of it. :o) It basically tastes like sour cream, so you have to keep that in mind when you're mixing your smoothie recipe. And maybe use vanilla instead of plain. Plus, Chobani is one of my least favorite of the greek yogurt brands. Maybe try a different one. Fage is my favorite...but one of the more expensive ones too.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    After all the nasty comments I've seen re: Chobani or Greek yogurt, there's no wayyyy I'm even gonna try it! If you want to "hurl" try swallowing goat's milk cheese! YIKES! Smells like a goat farm! Heeee ha ha ha!:noway:
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Hahaha I can't stand chobani either! I love Oikos organic greek yogurt though
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Nom nom nom! I love Chobani! Plain, fruit...I don't care..
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    not a fan of chobani. tried it twice and never again. though i LOVE Oikos Organic Greek yogurt, the chocolate or caramel "pure pleasure on the bottom" kind. I mix it with granola or kashi cereal. mmmm!
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Ha! Thanks for all the suggestions - yeah, I guess next time I will try a) another brand and b) a flavored option. For me, I will file Plain Chobani under "No. Never. Not Ever Again."
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    I love Greek Yogurt. Very filling for me. I do like the fruit ones or the honey.
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    I love FAGE 2% with cherry or blueberry mix in. Have not tried honey flavor yet.
This discussion has been closed.