Newbie that needs support!!

patteecakes
patteecakes Posts: 2
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there!

I've needed to lose about 70 pounds for a long time but always get discouraged. I;m the queen of "I'll start on Monday" but enough is enough. I had debated on joining weight watchers for a while but just never did..then I stumbled across MFP. I am very excited about it and hope this time around will be a success! Instead of saying "I cant have...because i'm on a diet" i'm saying "I choose not to have...because it's not healthy" i'm hoping the change in mind set will help!

Replies

• Tangerie1
    Tangerie1 Posts: 3
    Hi There
    I just started the program last week and already I have missed a few food entries but I'm not going to get discouraged. You just have to hang in there. We make committments to things that really matter and for the life of me, I don't know why it's so hard to committ to a better life. You know that's what it is. We only have this one body but we act as though we can pickup another anytime

Just don't get discourage and eventually you'll get tired of getting tired... You know what I mean? And there seems to be a lot of people here to give support when you need it. How bad do we really want it...
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Yes, hang in there. You can add me if you want to....

I know it's hard but you have to hang in there no matter what happens. Don't let a mess up be an excuse to not fulfill your goal.
  • kimphillips36
    kimphillips36 Posts: 125
    Hi there! Feel free to add me as a friend...I've been on my weight loss journey for 13 months now and have lost 63 lbs...I'm here to help you and support you any way that I can!
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Hey! Feel free to add me if you need support. I started doing weight watchers in January and found mfp a couple of months later. I'm still doing weight watchers and using mfp for support/exercise log.

Just remember it's a journey not a race, you will get there, it just takes time. Good luck with your goals! :)
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Welcome, feel free to add me as a friend. I will help you the best I can.
  • nmterp
    nmterp Posts: 74
    Welcome! I too was the "Monday" girl. I love MFP though, and I hope you do too. If you're looking for encouragement, praise, or a snarky comment, feel free to add me as a friend. Best of luck on your journey!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    You've definitely came to the right place! Feel free to add me!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    I like your outlook :) It's definitely important to focus on being healthy and not just slim. Just don't give up! It's easy to put yourself down if you go on a binge but instead of reverting back to old habits, try to just realize that you're human and make mistakes. Good luck and don't ever give up!
This discussion has been closed.