how do people burn so much at the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I do a minimum of 600 at the gym and sometimes up to 1300 if I really get into the groove on my favourite treadmill. I do actually like cardio though. Didn't always but once I decided to focus on losing weight and stick largely to cardio it took maybe a month of horrible, nauseating cardio when every km hurt and I could hardly breathe. Then one day I ran 2.5km and realised I felt ok. Now I regularly run up to 15km at a time. If you want to burn more calories just give your fitness levels time to catch up and it'll click. Then you'll suddenly be spending hours at the gym, enjoying it and feeling the burn!

Kudos to you!! :drinker:

I went to the gym last night and told myself I was going to burn at a MINIMUM 600 calories. Needless to say 45 minutes later (@ the elliptical) I was seeing spots!! I burned 388 calories in 45 minutes. :frown:

Which made me think that you are absolutely right. 45 minutes was a new level for me. *NEVER* done it before. So I jsut need to give myself time to catch up...I'm not going to allow myself to be disappointed. I did 45 min & it was a GREAT burn!!! :happy: