Ugh... IDK what to think,,,

Options
Am i doing good? bad? Too slow? what other excersizes are there?... I lost 1 pound my first week and was totally excited about it, until i have been reading success stories and such, where women were on here losing 10 lbs, in two weeks,, and 4 pounds a week, and i just dont know if i'm not doing enough (an hour and a half a day of cardio and weights), or if i am normal and they are like freaks of nature who are amazingly blessed :laugh: What do you guys consider normal weight loss, and how much excersizing do ya'll do? I am new at all of this excersize suff, but I have free access to a gym 7 days a week (military post) so what should I be doing for best results?

Replies

• McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Am i doing good? bad? Too slow? what other excersizes are there?... I lost 1 pound my first week and was totally excited about it, until i have been reading success stories and such, where women were on here losing 10 lbs, in two weeks,, and 4 pounds a week, and i just dont know if i'm not doing enough (an hour and a half a day of cardio and weights), or if i am normal and they are like freaks of nature who are amazingly blessed :laugh: What do you guys consider normal weight loss, and how much excersizing do ya'll do? I am new at all of this excersize suff, but I have free access to a gym 7 days a week (military post) so what should I be doing for best results?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Those that lose the weight that quickly usually have quite a bit to lose. You're doing well, keep it up! 1 pound a week is great.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is plenty fast!
    There more you weigh, the faster you can lose (i.e. 4 pounds a week).
    Don't be discouraged!!
    One pound a week compounded over a year is FIFTY-TWO pounds GONE!!
    Remember, slow and steady wins the race... and also keeps off the weight for good!

Keep going girl! You are doing great!!:flowerforyou:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I concur! The only reason I lost 7-10 is because my overall goal is so hight. I would consider you right on track considering how much you have to loose. Keep in mind that you are at a healthy weight loss.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Geesh ya'll are amazing!!

Thank ya'll dearly!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Oh trust me...1 pound a week is great! That is kind of the track I am on. Sometimes it's 2 pounds a week, sometimes even more, but 1 pound is good. This is a slow process, and I agree with marywilldiet...it's usually those who are trying to lose quite a bit that lose more quickly.

Keep it up!:drinker:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! You don't have near as much to lose so it'll seem "slower" but it is still very good! I just have so much to lose it's coming off faster earlier.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hun, I've been on this thing since May and I've lost 6lbs max....gained 2 back last week (which I am still not talking about :sad: ) The fault was mine though, yo-yo eating and exercise. Gotta be consistent.

Also, make sure you are eating enough for your activity (level and additional exercise). I am still experimenting with this part.

You can do it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I just got home from my doctors office. He said he LOVES MFP! :heart:

He told me 1-2 pounds a week is perfect. He said the fact that I am making a lifestyle change is even better than a quick weight loss diet you wont keep up for the rest of your life.

When I grumbled that i only lost 10lbs since seeing him 3 months ago...he said "Yes, but you didnt GAIN 10 like you had on that last visit!"

1 pound at a time, my friend, 1 pound at a time!! :flowerforyou: