How many pounds had you lost before anyone noticed?

Options
If they didn't already know you were dieting that is. People who know might say something sooner. I'm still wearing the same size pants and they are only a bit loose on me, so I'm not surprised that no one has noticed. I don't look different yet! I expect to be at least 25 lbs or more lost when someone finally says something.

Replies

• Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It took me about 20 :P only 7 pounds from my goal haha
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs and 12 inches ( I am on maintenance), and very few people noticed or mentioned anything. The ones that noticed and said something are some of the people taking Pilates classes with me or working out at the gym
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    i've lost 30, my moms friends have told my how i look and my family members.. but other than that only my friends parents have really said anything people im around everyday have yet to say stuff like come on how do you not notice half my clothes dont fit ?
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'd say about 20 also... once you ditch the saggy baggy pants for ones that fit a slimmer frame, people will notice! :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    About 25 pounds or so.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    about 50lbs I lost before anyone really noticed.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    It is interesting - some people might notice - but if they don't know you all that well might not actually say anything - in my case people at work that don't know me allbthat well only started commenting after 60 pounds..... And the have said to me " we noticed, but did not know if it was polite to say anything"...... Now after 80 even complete strangers are stopping me and commenting on my change
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Double post :-(
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    About 30 lbs
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    before other people noticed...I'd say 10

before I could see it...27lbs lol...just started noticing and seeing a difference in the way my body is looking.

I wrote about this on my blog just a few minutes ago ...check it out!

www.makingitperm.wordpress.com
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    for me it took about 10 pounds before everyone noticed but mind you, I am short, 5'0, so I feel weight is more noticable on us short folks.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    For me it was somewhere between 30 and 40 pounds.
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    I'm still waiting for someone to say something to me, lol. Part of me is annoyed by the lack of comments, the other part is motivated to work harder. :ohwell:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I've lost 36lbs and 3 pants sizes so far and I still can't tell the difference :-( But it was probably about 20-25lbs when someone first said anything, not sure that I was happy about it though, because it was one of my ex boyfriends and all he noticed was that my boobs were smaller. Probably because the first thing I lost was a cup size :-(
  • mum2littledove
    mum2littledove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, one or two people commented after I had lost 3 pounds! That was my motivation to continue. Admittedly I cheated a little bit, because I also started wearing one of those amazing "hold everything in" underwear, which is meant to make you look at least 1 if not 2 dress sizes smaller. The combination of the initial water loss and the magic underwear probably did the trick. What people actually said was "Are you wearing really high heels today, because you seem to have grown taller"!

The clothes that you wear definitely make a difference.

I have now lost about 20 lbs and dropped to a size 10 (even the aforementioned magic slimming knickers are baggy now) and there are still people who have not passed comment, and when I mentioned that I had lost my baby bulge at last they said "Oh, have you?". Some people notice those things, and some people just don't.
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost 14-15 lbs. I got many comments even from my college professors who saw me 2 semesters later.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Probably 5 lbs before someone I don't see that regularly saw it.

I've lost 12 total...and one of my mini-goals is to have one of good friends in one of my social circles notice. We all talk fitness, eating healthy, etc...so when one of them notice it will be a good day!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17 lbs. since the beginning of the year and my co-workers didn't comment on it until about 10 lbs lost.