Running Shoes?

Options
I am looking to buy a good pair of women's running shoes. I am about 3/4 thru training for a 10k in August, and have registered for a half marathon in October. I am a "heel striker", so I would like something with cushioning in the heel. Any advice?? What are the best running shoes you have ever used???

Replies

• blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I usually go for Asics, depending on the money I have will depend on the shoe! I never pay less than £70 for running shoes especially if doing mainly road work, and that price is the discounted price! I have triedNew Balance which my sister swears by but didn't get on with them.

If you can, try to go to a running shop and get your gait measured and get properly fitted for the shoes. It's worth it in the long run.

Happy Running!

B x
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try and find a roadrunner store. They will help fit a shoe to you :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Go to a running specialty store and have them get you something that works for you
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I used New Balance for a while and then realized that I didn't have enough arch support, however, they have great heel support. For my most recent pair I went to Nordstroms and that really helped. I'd probably go to a specialty running store and ask for some help and try on as many pairs as possible :) Good luck in your races!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yep, go to a running store in your area. They have space in the store to run up and down and they'll see HOW you run. The guys that worked in my running store were marathoners as well. So they had first hand / real world knowledge of their products.