Anyone calorie counting to maintain?

Options
So random, is there anyone on this forum whos around 185 to 190 and eating the calories to maintain their weight? if so how much are you intaking? looking at all the websites and getting too varied of results and none of my friends that weight calorie count, so just checking to see if anyone on here is? If you are around 6ft that would be great as well :)

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    No site is going to be able to tell YOU how many calories YOU need to maintain. Just input in goals that you want to maintain. Follow that for a week or two and see the results. If you are still losing then up your caloric intake. If you gained a litlle then lower it. It takes a bit of experimenting to figure out just what your particular body requires.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to maintain at this point, start by increasing your calories 100-200 a week. When you start seeing your weight plateau, you'll know that you're at your maintenance. I'm 5'7", 150 lbs maintenance and I intake about 3200 calories a day for maintenance.
  • RoySaffold
    RoySaffold Posts: 7
    Options
    Did you put in your data and choose "maintain my current weight?" My Fitness Pal will make a recommendation. Follow that for a while and see how you do. You will have to fine tune it for your particular activity level.

My personal experience is that my weight is like a yo-yo. I am having difficulty passing up snacks when I get my weight down where I want it, so it pops up. Then I am very careful to stay at a weight loss level of calories for several days and it drops back. Then I repeat the process. <sigh> I haven't quite got the plateau thing worked out myself.
  • decu68
    decu68 Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm trying to at least maintain my weight until I can get enough data to make good decision of how to increase my weight. I'm giving this about a month or two more and then will re-evaluate to that I can eat more. I'm currently 202 lbs and have targeted to eat around 4000 calories a day. I haven't been able to yet but I do get around 3500 calories. My later goal weight would be 210-215 lbs.