What do you love most...

songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
edited September 27 in Chit-Chat
...about your spouse/significant other/best friend?

I have seen lots of sad stories and complaints about the people in our fellow MFPers' lives. I would like to change that! :):heart:

What I love most about my boyfriend is his awesome sense of humor!

What I love most about my best friend is that, no matter how long we go without talking due to our crazy schedules, we always pick right back up where we left off.

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    Oh, I should add kids to that list too! I don't have any though. Hah :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    hmmmm- there are a lot of things I love about my husband- but I guess what I love most is every night he chooses to come home to me.

Best friend- same thing as you already said- we just start up where we left off and nothing is off limits. been friends for over 30 years.
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    What I love most about my fiance is how caring and supportive he is. He is my biggest fan and biggest motivator. With out him, I don't think I could do this. He makes me get off my *kitten* and exercise. He also gladly eats every low fat, low calorie meal I put on the dinner table. I know that I am extremely lucky to have someone like him in my life.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Awwe yay! I was worried no one had anything they loved about anyone tonight.... :laugh:

And yea, sometimes it's hard to pick just one thing about an awesome person. :wink:
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    What I love about my husband the most is his constant support throughout my journey! He always told me that he loves me and thinks I look fine and never pushed me to lose weight. Now he cheers when I reach a milestone and even spoils me for the milestone! Examples: Once I lost 25 pounds he took me shopping for new clothes and once I learned that size medium pants fit--a manicure!

And my best friend is my husband! All 155lbs (soaking wet) of him!
  • songbyrdsweet
    What I love about my husband the most is his constant support throughout my journey! He always told me that he loves me and thinks I look fine and never pushed me to lose weight. Now he cheers when I reach a milestone and even spoils me for the milestone! Examples: Once I lost 25 pounds he took me shopping for new clothes and once I learned that size medium pants fit--a manicure!

And my best friend is my husband! All 155lbs (soaking wet) of him!

Ahhh, adorable! That is soooo cool! :D
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    What I love most about my BFF (and yes at 50 this is how we refer to each other :laugh:) is the way she always takes what I say the way I mean it.

And she is not mean....................ever.

Example: she moved to MA and I am still in FL. I felt like we were drifting apart due to the distance.

I loved American Idol so she calls on Wed night at 8pm. I was kinda peeved because she knows that is AI night...........she says "I know! We are watching together!" and we did, the entire season one of the nights we watched the show and made comments and laughed and cried.

God I adore that woman!!:love::heart: :love:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I love that he is totally accepting of who I am.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    My Kids and Grand Kids! And Bread, I love Bread!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I am never "in trouble" with my husband. He is truly my safe place, and he never ever assumes the parent role. Even when I F up really bad, he has my back one million percent. And I do the same for him.

Example: I got pulled over for speeding. I was driving, ahem, VERY fast. The resulting ticket was shockingly expensive. When I called him to tell him, he laughed and said, "well at least you got to have a little fun before the cops got you!" I know a million other husbands who would not have reacted that way!!!

This is the most important thing to me, and it makes our relationship rock solid. We can trust each other with any piece of news, because we already know the other one will not jump into judgment/anger.
  • songbyrdsweet
    What I love most about my BFF (and yes at 50 this is how we refer to each other :laugh:) is the way she always takes what I say the way I mean it.

And she is not mean....................ever.

Example: she moved to MA and I am still in FL. I felt like we were drifting apart due to the distance.

I loved American Idol so she calls on Wed night at 8pm. I was kinda peeved because she knows that is AI night...........she says "I know! We are watching together!" and we did, the entire season one of the nights we watched the show and made comments and laughed and cried.

God I adore that woman!!:love::heart: :love:

Awesome!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    I love how loving and supportive my spouse is. He cheers me on, helps me keep on track, supports my decision to not eat out or to eat at healthier restaurants. He goes walking with me when I ask him to, even though he'd much rather stay in. He massages me when my muscles ache because I pushed myself hard that day. He's amazing. Every part of him. I'm so fortunate!
  • songbyrdsweet
    My Kids and Grand Kids! And Bread, I love Bread!

LOLOL :laugh: I'm glad bread has such a special place in your heart! :wink:
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    What I love most about my boyfriend is that he lets me just be myself, and makes me so comfortable and confident about myself. He encourages me to be more open and spontaneous and treats me the way I've always wanted to be treated.

My best girlfriend and I share like telepathic vibes....we say the same things at the same times, we have lots in common, and people consider us to be twins. My best guy friend is alot like my boyfriend, and he's been my best friend for almost 10 years now. I can be myself with him, no judgements at all, and I always look to him for his opinion.

I love my kids, well because they are my kids, and during the darkest time in my life, they were my anchor and steady rock, and kept me from losing myself and giving up.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    :heart:

What I love the most is how my husband will do anything to make sure I feel happy and taken care of or try to anyway. He is accomodating and truly lives by the thought - do unto others....... He could have his pick of many gorgeous and talented women in his line of work (theatre and entertainment) but he chooses me. He makes me feel truly adored for who I am. He is my best friend

(then there is of course the other stuff.....:devil: )

:heart:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Wow, so many supportive men and women out there! Wonderful! :D

LOL @ Julia....oh yea, the 'other stuff' ;)
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    I have been sitting here rewriting what i love about my boyfriend the past 20 minutes but i just love him for being him.
  • songbyrdsweet
    I have been sitting here rewriting what i love about my boyfriend the past 20 minutes but i just love him for being him.

Awwwwe. ^_^ Like I said, it's hard to pick just one thing! I love everything about mine too. I just notice myself saying to him 'You have the best sense of humor!' allll the time. Helps that we've been friends for 4 years.
  • decooper
    decooper Posts: 57 Member
    What I love most about my partner is that he is always supportive . No matter what crazy thing I get in my head, he is always there to tell me I can do it.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    I love the fact that he is so incredibly supportive. That he just wants me to be healthy and happy. He's my superman :love:
This discussion has been closed.