Tornadoes in Chickasha, OK

Options
hummzz
hummzz Posts: 384 Member
Is there anyone in Chickasha, OK? My daughter is there and tornadoes touched down. Just want to know the extent of damage and whatever you can tell me. Please!

Replies

• JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am from Norman and have family there (I moved to Vegas 7 months ago) and so far I've only heard about damage in Washington OK and 2 deaths. I haven't heard anything from Chickasha but Norman was ok, check news9.com.

Hope your family/everyone in Oklahoma is safe! Those tornadoes are really, really scary. That is one reason why I love living in Nevada, I never have to worry about them anymore.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I hope your families stay safe!
  • bluemax87
    bluemax87 Posts: 71
    Options
    www.4warn.com
  • hummzz
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I finally got a hold to her and she is okay. Some damage to the town and they are still under tornado watch. Keep praying for EVERYONE'S safety. Its a brutal season!
  • marshallrobin99
    Options
    I was in the basement at Grady memorial hospital and when it was over most of the town looks completely undamaged. I haven't seen the tornado path yet but I heard that area looks bad. It hit the south side of town but outside of some sirens I haven't heard of any deaths.
  • bluemax87
    bluemax87 Posts: 71
    Options
    2 confirmed deaths in Piedmont last I was told by family. Yukon, Midwest City, Shawnee, Tulsa and Broken Arrow were pretty well skipped (those are the towns with my family in them)... Piedmont was hit the hardest from the sounds of it, and my ex-wife and daughter live there...

*Crosses fingers and prays to Tom Cruise* Maybe a twister sucked the ex up and left my daughter unscathed?? probably too much to ask for...
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You are all in my Prayers.
  • hummzz
    Options
    I was in the basement at Grady memorial hospital and when it was over most of the town looks completely undamaged. I haven't seen the tornado path yet but I heard that area looks bad. It hit the south side of town but outside of some sirens I haven't heard of any deaths.

Thanks for your report! I'm so happy you are okay. I saw the destruction on the news this morning. I'm staying prayerful for all of y'alls safety!
  • hummzz
    Options
    2 confirmed deaths in Piedmont last I was told by family. Yukon, Midwest City, Shawnee, Tulsa and Broken Arrow were pretty well skipped (those are the towns with my family in them)... Piedmont was hit the hardest from the sounds of it, and my ex-wife and daughter live there...

*Crosses fingers and prays to Tom Cruise* Maybe a twister sucked the ex up and left my daughter unscathed?? probably too much to ask for...

God Bless your family. That would be devastating for your daughter if mama was gone! Lets pray all are safe!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

Prays to tom cruise?!?!?!?! LMAO!!!!!!! thats great
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    While I was watching the news last night I was thinking about all the MFPers (as well as my own family members) who live in those states. I hope you all stay safe. I'm originally from Missouri and have lived in Iowa, Kansas and Illinois but was fortunate enough to never have actually been in a town that was hit by a tornado. I hope everyone stays safe.