Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-In December 20

Options
Here we are in the December "twenties"! Oh my goodness, Christmas is coming fast! Christmas, and the end of our challenge! How's everybody doing with their goals? I'm not doing great BUT I figure that even if I'm not exactly meeting the goals I set for myself, just striving towards them is better than not doing anything at all. Someone suggested a Valentine's challenge for our next one. How does that sound? Any different suggestions???

Yesterday I ate TOO much junk and didn't do any formal exercise at all. I finished cleaning for the party, I shoveled some snow, I did a bunch of loads of laundry, I played with my boys... We will see what I can do tonight. I've got to go into town for an appointment and to finish Christmas Shopping and then I have to come home, clean out the van and pack it up so we can leave for Washington tomorrow afternoon. Even if I don't get any regular exercise in before we leave I know I will once I'm in Washington so I'll be able to get back to it right away.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

ps Thanks for the Birthday wishes for my little guy! He had a fun party!

pps Mary - In Colorado Springs you can hike around Garden of the Gods which is beautiful, cold or not. Or the Olympic Training Center is a pretty cool place. Or, if you like to shop the Castle Rock outlets are really big. Have a fun trip!

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Here we are in the December "twenties"! Oh my goodness, Christmas is coming fast! Christmas, and the end of our challenge! How's everybody doing with their goals? I'm not doing great BUT I figure that even if I'm not exactly meeting the goals I set for myself, just striving towards them is better than not doing anything at all. Someone suggested a Valentine's challenge for our next one. How does that sound? Any different suggestions???

Yesterday I ate TOO much junk and didn't do any formal exercise at all. I finished cleaning for the party, I shoveled some snow, I did a bunch of loads of laundry, I played with my boys... We will see what I can do tonight. I've got to go into town for an appointment and to finish Christmas Shopping and then I have to come home, clean out the van and pack it up so we can leave for Washington tomorrow afternoon. Even if I don't get any regular exercise in before we leave I know I will once I'm in Washington so I'll be able to get back to it right away.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole

ps Thanks for the Birthday wishes for my little guy! He had a fun party!

pps Mary - In Colorado Springs you can hike around Garden of the Gods which is beautiful, cold or not. Or the Olympic Training Center is a pretty cool place. Or, if you like to shop the Castle Rock outlets are really big. Have a fun trip!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm going to the Garden of the Gods even if it's snowing, raining, or a small plague of frogs. I love rocks. I'm going to try to go to the sand dunes national monument as well, if I can drag anyone along with me.

Yesterday did the pain-inducing strength training class. Not so bad so far. Did 20 minutes on the elliptical as well. Brought my little sister along. It was nice to see someone else working hard. Even the teacher was sweating. It's been rather warm here - in the 70s, might hit 80 tomorrow. It's difficult to think of Christmas at a time like this. I'm sure the snow predicted for Christmas day (in Colorado) will bite my butt enough to get me in the spirit.

Made it to 161.4 today. I always round up for my check in, so that will be my goal - to stay at 162 during vacation.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I woke up to four more inches of snow so I got in an hour of shoveling along with my normal Hip Hop Abs & 7 1/2 miles on the bike. I weighed in at 195.6 this morning so my goal of 195 by Christmas is a real possibility. The trick, after Christmas Eve with my four children & two grandsons and Christmas Dinner will be to STILL be 195 on Wednesday.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is yoga day. (60 minutes) and a light walk (30 minutes)

Yesterday I walked at the mall for 4 hours. I counted two at leisurely pace. During my Christmas shopping, I decided to try on jeans to see if I'd fit in the six. I didn't. I needed the size four. My original goal was an eight, so I was pretty darn pleased. I started at the same store in their 18s three years ago. Woo-hoo!

My new Christmas goal is to still fit in those jeans the day AFTER Christmas.:tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Yesterday I walked at the mall for 4 hours. I counted two at leisurely pace. During my Christmas shopping, I decided to try on jeans to see if I'd fit in the six. I didn't. I needed the size four. My original goal was an eight, so I was pretty darn pleased. I started at the same store in their 18s three years ago. Woo-hoo!

Isn't a smaller size the BEST! Good for you!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Monday-shoveling 1hr and weights 15 min.

Tuesday-are you kidding, I haven't had to shovel in five years!

Wednesday-walk, moderate pace in the snow for 50 min.

Thursday-have a yicky cold-rest and recup today.