It's Official.... I'm Hungry.

Options
so, i've had breakfast, and my first snack on my new 2100 calorie plan, and i'm starving. i had homemade musli, yummy but still not filling... and 1 banana, 1 cup of cucumber and a nectarine for snack. there was TONS of protien in my breakfast, so i'm not too worried about that, but i really don think i'm not used to having so much healthy stuff lol. normally a breakfast lately would be a bacon or ham breakfast bagel with egg, cheese and may, and an apple juice with a muffin for snack. alot of crappy carbs, but they kept me full right through lunch.

so i grabbed a jumbo cup of tea, a little packet of splenda, and hopefully this will keep me going for the next hour and 10 minutes. not that i'm counting down or anything :P

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so, i've had breakfast, and my first snack on my new 2100 calorie plan, and i'm starving. i had homemade musli, yummy but still not filling... and 1 banana, 1 cup of cucumber and a nectarine for snack. there was TONS of protien in my breakfast, so i'm not too worried about that, but i really don think i'm not used to having so much healthy stuff lol. normally a breakfast lately would be a bacon or ham breakfast bagel with egg, cheese and may, and an apple juice with a muffin for snack. alot of crappy carbs, but they kept me full right through lunch.

so i grabbed a jumbo cup of tea, a little packet of splenda, and hopefully this will keep me going for the next hour and 10 minutes. not that i'm counting down or anything :P
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Stay strong! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    It's hard at first... drink lots of water! Lots of healthy juice too! Try V8 Splash or Juicy Juice Harvest Surprise! :)

Good luck!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Remember that you have choices all through the day and every moment you have the chance to make a choice that you'll feel good about. My "trick" on days that I'm feeling obsessed with the next meal is, as soon as I start to feel hungry or like I WANT to eat, I drink a big glass of water. Then in a couple of minutes if I'm still wanting food (and it's not because I'm ACTUALLY hungry), I brush my teeth. Then the next step is I pop a strong mint. That alone usually takes around 10 to 15 minutes of my time, and between the minty taste and getting past the craving I can manage.

We're here for you :flowerforyou:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Be strong! You can do it! How are you doing on your water intake (or green tea even)? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yes...you CAN do it! I know I have to have a big breakfast every day to fill me up. I've found the best for me is:

1 c. Multigrain Cheerios with 1/2 c. skim milk
    1 med. banana sliced
    1/2 c. strawberries quartered
    1/4 c. blueberries or raspberries
    4 oz. PlumSmart Lite Juice
    1 multivitamin

I toss all the fruit in the cereal. It's SO yummy and very filling for me. Then I usually have a Kashi TLC Soft-baked Cereal bar around 10 am. That with my 2 cups of coffee and sugar-free creamer and I'm good until lunch.

General Mills - Multi-Grain Cheerios, 1 cup (w/1/2 cup skim milk) 150 calories
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105 calories
    Sunsweet - Plumsmart Light, 4 oz 30 calories
    Strawberries - Raw, 0.5 cup 24 calories
    Blueberries - Raw, 0.25 cup 21 calories
    Total--330 calories

Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30 calories
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0 calories
    Kashi Tlc - Soft Baked Ripe Strawberry Cereal Bar, 1 bar (35 mg) 110 calories
    Total--140 calories

Just some ideas. Good luck!:drinker:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    oooo that sound yummy and I like the calorie #'s too....
    I'm gonna try that....sounds filling!:bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about being hungry!!! The very thought of biscuits and gravy and sausage has had my tummy growling all day!! I think, though, that your body is just adjusting from such a high fat and calorie meal to a low fat, low calorie and HEALTHY meal. (I say this as my coworkers are eating the former as we speak and o my goodness I want it!!)

It's a lot in your brain, too. try throwing a bit more fiber in there and drink plenty of water. You should be adjusted by Friday if you keep it up!

:flowerforyou:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    This won't comfort you, but I personally have a prob with coffee. Whenever I drink it (and for the past couple of weeks I've done so daily), I get a an empty stomach :grumble: -ing at me. Anybody with suggestions?

Ah, and today I had thai takeway. I hate spicy food. Makes me wanna eat a whole pork after a few hours. :angry:

Hope you made well through lunch :flowerforyou: , but just remember that not all days are the same (I get hungrier before those days of the month) and it's not always a sin to eat a lill bit more, as long as it doesn't get to a habit.

:flowerforyou: (oh, I love this smiley! :smile: )
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about being hungry!!! The very thought of biscuits and gravy and sausage has had my tummy growling all day!! I think, though, that your body is just adjusting from such a high fat and calorie meal to a low fat, low calorie and HEALTHY meal. (I say this as my coworkers are eating the former as we speak and o my goodness I want it!!)

It's a lot in your brain, too. try throwing a bit more fiber in there and drink plenty of water. You should be adjusted by Friday if you keep it up!

:flowerforyou:
    Biscuits & sausage gravy ~ just evil to say those words! :devil: I have found that my body type doesn't allow me carb-type foods in the AM (basically nothing before noon). By having the protein with some bell peppers or cukes, I feel so much better & energized. Sometimes I will have a bananas foster smoothie with only 1/4 of a banana and that is OK, but it has 2 oz egg beaters in it for the protein.

Maybe you can try to have protein in the AM - could help :flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    ok, so i made it to lunch.... had my little sandwich and my soup, and guess what? still hungry. LOL... ah... see this is why i always end up cheating. damn hunger. damn you!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Do you have some snacks for this afternoon? Like an apple with Peanut butter or some almonds...yummy things like this help to fill you up. I LOVE the Kashi TLC Honey Almond Flax chewy granola bar...SO good and I find it quite filling!

Good luck hunni...you CAN do this!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    ok, so i made it to lunch.... had my little sandwich and my soup, and guess what? still hungry. LOL... ah... see this is why i always end up cheating. damn hunger. damn you!

Are you really hungry or is it just that nagging feeling of thinking that you are hungry? My hardest part of the day is the afternoon. I tell myself I am hungry but when I really get down to it and ask myself "am I actually hungry or do I just wan to eat?" I find that 9 times out of 10 I just want to eat. It is such a battle. Good luck!!!!!
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My hardest part of the day is the morning. I tell myself( I am not hungry !) when I really get down to it and ask myself "am I actually hungry or am i bored! I chew on gum and find something to do that seem s to help.