Support in a totally different way

Options
KnottyJen
KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
I know this is not really the place for it, but everyone here on MFP has been so supportive and so kind, I have to ask for your support in a totally non-weight-loss related way.

My best friend's 2 month old son had an accident yesterday and hit his head. He had to have surgery to relieve swelling & bleeding in the brain and he is not doing well. This afternoon, the doctors told my friend that her son had no brain activity and was probably not going to make it through this. Tomorrow, they will be taking him off of the ventilator to see if he can breathe on his own.

As her best friend, I know how utterly helpless I feel; I can only imagine how horrible she must be feeling. I'm making this request for support in whatever way you can. Positive thoughts, prayers (if you do that), whatever you can offer, is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, MFP Family. I can't express how much your support means.

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Aww, she'll be in my prayers.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    The moment I am finished typing this, I will say a prayer, and I will continue praying!
  • momlet2
    momlet2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Prayers, for sure!!
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, how awful!!! I can't even imagine what your friend is going through!! I will say a prayer for you all!!
  • angelzoya519
    Options
    I am so sorry. I am sending you prayers and your friends are in my thoughts and prayers. :frown:
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Prayers sent.
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    They're in my thoughts and prayers! Poor little guy! :(
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sending up prayers. :cry:
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    oh, wow.
    sorry to hear that.
    praying!!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. A couple updates from my friend - the baby had a slight response to pain stimuli & moved his head and thumb a little. I have to believe with all my heart that our prayers will help this little boy. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.