Carbs vs Calorie goal

Options
sarah44254
sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
So I'd like to eat less carbs during each day. I eat over 200g easily right now. I'd love to limit to 80-100g a day. How can I manage to drop carbs while still reaching my calorie goal each day?

I searched through some old topics and got plenty of food ideas, but it seemed like mostly vegetables! There's no way I can eat 1500 calories worth of vegetables every day. Help!

Replies

• 1Caramellady
    Options
    Incorporate other items. Get your protein to lean you out.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Eat more higher protein foods - meats (lean fish, chicken, turkey, etc...), nuts, peanut butter, etc...
  • niccccci
    niccccci Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Meat, eggs and dairy are other good sources for calories that don't have a lot of carbs. I'm a big fan of the low carb/high fiber tortillas as well.
  • sarah44254
    Options
    So more meat, nuts, beans? Thank you. It's been tough for me to find high calorie/ low carb foods. The tortillas sound amazing!
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    I do that right now and have been pretty successful, I am keeping my carbs below 30 gms( usually 20gms) and my calories below my target. . I have not been hungry at all. I am glad to hear someone else is trying this.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    On those low carb tortllas what is the carb count?
  • sarah44254
    Options
    Getting hungry is nearly a non issue for me. It is very difficult for me to reach my calorie goal every day, I often eat far below. So foods that make me feel full aren't going to be helpful, but if they are the only low-carb option, then I will still give it my best shot.