HUGE SUCCESS FOR ME!! (Military Related)

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I am in the Navy stationed in Japan. We had out PRT today. (Physical Readiness Test) Lets just say that in previous tests I usually barely squeaked by.

Well, today, I ran my 1.5 miles in 10:36 seconds, did 50 push-ups in 2 minutes, and did 75 sit-ups in 2 minutes! (The objective with push-ups and sit-ups is to see how many you can do in 2 minutes)

We have different catagories where you are put depending on how well you do. They start with "outstanding high", "outstanding medium", "outstanding low", "Excellent Low, medium, & high", "good low, medium, & high", and "satisfactory low, medium, & high".

I am: Run - Outstanding High
Push-ups - Outstanding High
Sit-ups - Good High (cut me a little slack, I have had 2 c-sections)

I am so excited! I have been in the military for 6 years and this is the best I have ever done!:bigsmile:

Replies

• tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180
    Options
    CONGRATS! GREAT job! :smile:
  • Hannahrenee86
    Hannahrenee86 Posts: 183
    Options
    Way to go. That is outstanding! On a side note, we are going to be stationed in Okinawa, Japan sometime this fall
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    Thats freakin awesome!! GO YOU!!!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I know what you are talking about. My hubby is Navy. He's had troubles with the PRT, until he went to a school at an Air Force base. Wow they pushed him harder than any Navy PT ever did. Personally in his case with his commands, they really haven't pushed hard, till it was bad enough for FEP. So now he pushes himself ;.)

Great job! Keep up the great work!
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    Options
    You SHOULD be proud! That's awesome! :)
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!! Congrats!!!!!:)
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed well done you x
  • dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!!!!!! Congrats!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    what an amazing accomplishment, especially for military, and how strict they are..i bet the D.I or D.S ( whoever is navy ) is impressed with you as well..great for you, what a success story :D
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Defintely well deserved! :)
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Good Job...even if ya are a squid.... Semper Fi Girl and keep it up thats outstanding. I have never done that good on a PT test.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thank you for your service!
  • rgustin
    rgustin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    First off, THANK YOU FOR SERVING! Congrats on your success!!!:drinker:
  • k2d4p
    Options
    Good Job...even if ya are a squid.... Semper Fi Girl and keep it up thats outstanding. I have never done that good on a PT test.

You made me smile real big! Thanks man :)
  • k2d4p
    Options
    Woohoo! I know what you are talking about. My hubby is Navy. He's had troubles with the PRT, until he went to a school at an Air Force base. Wow they pushed him harder than any Navy PT ever did. Personally in his case with his commands, they really haven't pushed hard, till it was bad enough for FEP. So now he pushes himself ;.)

I put myself on FEP after I had my first son, but it didn't help me very much. I still ate horrible. I know what you mean about commands not pushing very hard. On my last boat, our division's PT was a joke, and that was when we even had PT.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options

I put myself on FEP after I had my first son, but it didn't help me very much. I still ate horrible. I know what you mean about commands not pushing very hard. On my last boat, our division's PT was a joke, and that was when we even had PT.

FEP didn't help my hubby either, and PT was non existent at his last command, they PT'd maybe twice a week.
  • Rodneymc4
    Rodneymc4 Posts: 62
    Options
    K2d4p,

That is super.:smile::smile:

You ran at a 6.75 minutes per mile pace--that's outstanding.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

And 50 push-ups:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: You are a beast...Very good job

Plus 75 sit ups is not shabby at all..Super Job
  • niki108
    niki108 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    I read your blog referenced in your signature and it just put in perspective what an amazingly big deal this is for you! I may not know you personally but I am SO PROUD OF YOU.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!