drink????

Options
Hi everyone!! I had a question, my husband and I are going out to have some drinks on Sat night and I need to know what are some low or lower calorie drinks. Now remember I am a girl so nothing to strong, I want to feel good not wasted hehe. Thanks

Replies

• athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I had a question, my husband and I are going out to have some drinks on Sat night and I need to know what are some low or lower calorie drinks. Now remember I am a girl so nothing to strong, I want to feel good not wasted hehe. Thanks
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Vodka cranberry juice. cranberry juice is an antioxidant. Stay away from the Irish Creme, Kahlua and the sweet drinks.
    Have fun!!!
  • athomemommy
    Options
    icandoit, do you know about how mant calories are in that??? Thanks
  • athomemommy
    Options
    oops
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Most drinks have about 100 calories. One shot = around 70 calories. Light beer = 100 calories for 12oz. Wine around 100 calories for 4 oz. Go with what makes you full and you'll drink the longest.
    Like icandoit, stay away from any cream type drinks - no grasshoppers (heavy cream, creme de menthe + peppermint snapps). Used to love those.
  • icandoit
    Options
    I hope this helps.

A shot of alcohol (80 proof) 1.5 oz 100 calories
    Beer 12 oz. 150 calories
    Wine 5 oz. 100 calories
    Gin/Vodka Diet Tonic 100 calories
    Gin/Vodka Tonic 200 calories
    Bloody Mary 140 calories
    Rum & Diet cola 110 calories
    Rum & cola 240 calories
    Vodka Lemonade Crush 160 calories
    Cold Brew Tea 8oz 160 calories
    Vodka Diet Cranberry 140 calories
    Vodka Cranberry 250 calories
    Whiskey Tea Smash 170 calories
    Diet Tonic Water 8 oz. 0 calories
    Diet Soda 8 oz. 0 calories
    Diet Cranberry 8 oz. 40 calories
    Lemon/Lime Juice tspn 10 calories
    Orange Juice 8 oz. 110 calories
    Pineapple Juice 8 oz. 150 calories
    Unsweetened Tea 0 calories
    Tomato Juice 8 oz. 41 calories
    Tonic Water/Ginger Ale 90 calories
    Club Soda 8 oz. 0 calories
    Apple Juice 8 oz. 115 calories
    Sugar - 1 tablespoon 48 calories
    Garnish 10 calories
  • finkkm
    finkkm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I :heart: gin and tonics
  • athomemommy
    Options
    What is in a Vodka Lemonade Crush, that sounds yummy!!
    I have never tried gin and tonic before, I heard they are good
  • icandoit
    Options
    What is in a Vodka Lemonade Crush, that sounds yummy!!
    I have never tried vodka and tonic before, I heard they are good

Ingredients: 6 oz. Vodka, 3-4 tablespoons of sugar, a pinch of salt, 1½ tablespoons lemon juice, ice cubes, mint leaves and a few slices of lemon.

Preparation: Put the sugar and salt in a saucepan with 4 cups of boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Chill mixture and add the lemon juice, vodka and crushed ice. Serve in a pitcher with lemon slices and mint garnish. Each of the four servings has less than 160 calories
  • kjarvis
    Options
    When I go out I take a flavored water with me that has no cals, no sugars its just like water - I like the Anderondak lemonade flavored water or lime but they come in all flavors. Then I ask for a glass with one or two shots of citrus flavored volka and then pour in my flavored water. It great if you are going over a friends house.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    vodka and soda water with lemon...only if you can handle the taste of vodka.

Red wine is not too bad either. And good antioxidants!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I believe wine generally has about 80 calories for 4 ounces. I like vodka and diet tonic with a squeeze of lime at home but bars don't generally have diet tonic. If I go to a bar I generally order wine or rum and diet coke, tall, in a pint glass. You get extra soda so you can sip longer and the rum (as long as it's not spiced or dark) is generally around 80 calories per shot. I like to order an extra pint of diet coke with it so that I can sip both of them for a long time and not feel like I need to order another drink too quickly. Hope this helps!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Cabernet (red wine) is good. It is tasty. It will take you a long time to drink, generally contains about 13% alcohol, so you won't get tipsy, and it is actually good for you as nopogal said - antioxidants. Any white wines and sweeter red wines will add calories. Always have a tall ice water next to your wine.

I had to say "bye" to my 500 calorie Margaritas. :frown:
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to say what the heck and just have fun. Moderation is the key. Have a good time.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    500 calorie margaritas - uh oh!!! I had two the other day :blushing:
  • athomemommy
    Options
    Thank you all for your info.