30 day shred???

Options
I jam thinking about pruchasing the above DVD, after all the rave reviews from my MFP friends.

I live in a first floor flat. Is there too much jumping around on this dvd to do it or will I cause alot of noise for my below neighbours?

Please let me know if you have it and what you think? How long are the workouts?

Thanks,

Replies

• katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    the work outs are 20 minutes, and the only jumping is some jumping jacks, butt kicks and jump rope, the rest is more strength and abs, so you should be okay :)

Oh and the jumping is usually only 1-2 minutes at a time
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You should be ok as said above there is only minimal jumping (plus you will be getting lighter as the weeks go on!! I have just completed Day 3 of the Shred and it finally got easier (however lets wait till next week!)

Good Luck!! :happy: :wink:
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just got done doing this and I think you should be fine. i would just do it during "normal" hours so not to wake people up.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    The workouts, with warm-up and cool down included are about 25 minutes. It's not the kind of jumping that makes a lot of noise...if that makes sense. Focus on a soft landing and it should be fine.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I love it and would really really recommend it. But, I have to disagree with the other posters and say that IMO, there is a lot of jumping. Even in level 2, there is the double jump rope and that impact is hard and makes a lot of noise, but the poster was correct about it lasting only 2 minutes max AT A TIME. So, would def recommend it, but maybe try to watch it first before you buy it?
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Why not try renting it first before you make a purchase? I borrowed mine from the library.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    are your neighbours that particular that they can't deal with 20 mins of noise? I'm sure it will be fine, it's not constant noise.
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can get it through Netflix if you can't get it at the library. I bought mine at Tareget for under $10 and today will be day 3 of level 1. I'm loving it. It's not as much jumping as in Insanity which was why I wanted to try it. My knees kill with tto much jumping.
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with rfcollins. I feel like when I give it 100%, there is definitely noise to be heard (such as with the jumping jacks, jump roping, butt-kicks). I saw some major progress with my arm/shoulder definition. I use it about once a week (doing it consecutively for 30 days was a bore).
    Happy shredding!