hot tub after workout

jarrettd
jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
what's the prevailing opinion on using a hot tub to combat after-workout soreness?

Replies

• mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    its nice. Not sure if its good for you BUT...
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Go for it, it relaxes muscles. But remember to drink plenty of water before you get in especially if you have just done a work out as the heat can lower blood pressure and make you dizzy if you are dehydrated. Enjoy! :smile:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    freakin love it and highly recommend!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    oooh, wish my gym had one!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I'd like someone to bring me a hot tub, and I"d be more than happy to let you know! :)
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    I am so going to try this! Hadn't thought of it until i read this! I think i may try it later or tomorrw :) After trying Turbo Jam in my living room :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    MWF and most weekends here, because those are my big workout days... 10pm, after the kids go to bed, we have a Bullfrog, with different therapeutic seats, so we rotate through the 1/2 hour soak, and it gets all the back, shoulder and leg muscles that are sore... Plus it just feels good and it's relaxing as all get up. :) ... mmmmm Go for it, if you're in for more than 1/2 hour, and it's hot out to begin with, bring a big glass of water.. don't combine alcohol with hot tubbing if you're out there to relax, it's a blood vessel dilator, and will cause you to overheat and feel crummy...a potentially dangerous combination. We LOVE ours, it was the best investment we ever put into our home.