Seem to be stuck in Plateuville, Need Help & Idea's Please..

Options
2»

Replies

• Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Ok I am not sure what happened but since starting this thread, I have lost 1 pound. I stopped eating the Eggo Waffles
    and I am watching my Carbs and Sodium levels alot more. Glad its working :) Just thought i would share this, Thanks
    for the tips.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem...I am trying zig zagging my calories. I don't know what the guy meant by carb problem a little explanation would help. I imagine he is assuming you are eating too many carbs. I don't know your diet, but I can tell you I am not getting in too many carbs. Try looking up zig zagging your calories and see if it helps you. I am just starting so I can't say. Best of luck to you. I am also seriously considering investing in P90X seems to really work!

I was at a plateau for awhile and cutting back on carbs really do help! I do have fruit, but I try and stay away from breads and pastas. I will have a half a cup of brown rice. I also steer clear of carbs at dinner time. I also add fiber powder to my protein shake so that I do get in enough fiber.
    Changing up your workout routine can help too.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ok I am not sure what happened but since starting this thread, I have lost 1 pound. I stopped eating the Eggo Waffles
    and I am watching my Carbs and Sodium levels alot more. Glad its working :) Just thought i would share this, Thanks
    for the tips.

Ahh it could have been the waffles! For breakfast I will eat 2 egg whites and half a grapefruit in the morning. Or a protein shake and half a grapefruit. Also eating every 2 hours helps.
    The sodium can make me retain water weight BIG time! Keep up the good work!
    Alicia
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    First thing that happens when dropping carb levels is you lose some water weight quickly. If you up carbs you get a quick jump in weight due to water.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I just broke my six week long plateau, though I did zero adjustments relating to carbs. I posted about it on this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/248810-six-week-plateau-busted-yay
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    I always eat about 3hrs a part and I change up my exercise everyday, when I woke up yesterday morning and saw that I had lost another pound I decided to do a different work out dvd so today I will do a different workout as well. I am trying to keep my carbs
    low as much as I can handle until I can get it under control. Check out my diary for the last 3 days and you can see the changes
    in Carbs and food. My plateau had only been for a 3 weeks.

I weighed again this morning just for curiosity and had actually lost a little more weight but unless I lose 1 pound or more i
    don't log it normally.

Mel, I tried looking at your diary but its closed for viewing :( I try too look at what other ppl eat so I can get new ideas.

Also, I looked in the store for that Air pop popcorn and never found it, were do u buy it?
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Along with cutting back on the processed carbs, try increasing your lean protein intake - I try to have protein at all meals, particularly lunch and dinner - for example, a typical day would include some cottage cheese (non-fat) for breakfast, a salad with grilled salmon or imitation crab for lunch, and steamed fish and veggies for dinner (I'm not into chicken, but you could certainly substitute that) - shoot for at least 7 oz of protein a day. You need protein to build muscles.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Thanks SRP, I just recently started using Jillian Michaels Whey Protein but I am not using it everyday, Maybe I should?
    I use it as a smoothie for either breakfast or lunch mixed with frozen fruit and almond milk or water.