Bodypump - logging calories

Options
kmp327
kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
Hey does anyone do Bodypump? I'm clueless as to how to log the calories. When I try to log something into strength training it won't even pull up "Weight lifting", so I can't log it that way.

Replies

• angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i log it under cardio as strength training.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I log it under "Circuit training, general"

so do i , LOVE BODYPUMP!
  • corinnak
    corinnak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also do circuit training, general. Though I'm not sure of the accuracy of that as an equivalent.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

ditto to that
  • eagles0080
    eagles0080 Posts: 15
    Options
    I created a new exercise and using the Les Mills guidelines for calorie burn..that's how I logged it
  • cjrivera60
    cjrivera60 Posts: 1
    Options
    I log it under Circuit Training General. I subract some of the calorie burn by about 100 because I think MYFitnesspal is way over on the calorie burn on all exercise. I can go to the gym and do the eliptcal for 45 mins and what fitnesspal says I burn is about 100 more that the machine says I burn,
  • BeccaN802
    BeccaN802 Posts: 1
    Options
    Ha I was just going to ask you the same thing...I put it under Cardio so I could log calories burned, added a note, and guesstimated that I burned 350 calories. Les Mills website says you can burn "up to 600 per class" but I would rather under guess than over guess?
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options

ditto to that

I third that!
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What are the Les Mills guidelines for calorie burn? I tried logging it under strength training and it was 250 which seems low, but under circuit training it was like 680 which is way high.
  • libstr
    libstr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i did a pump style class on tuesday and burnt 330 cals according to my HRM. will see howmany i burn in a 'real' pump class next week.
    there should be a les mills catagory!
  • marcotte84
    marcotte84 Posts: 6
    Options
    I think the website says that you burn around 400 calories per class if you are working hard. Another website said between 250 and 500 calories depending on your effort. I was thinking about getting back into body pump.