already in the pantry

Options
Anyone have any good recipe ideas that call for ingredients most people already have in their pantry? (i.e. pastas, frozen meats, veggies, etc) I tend not to follow recipes if I need to go to the store just to make it.
Anything will help!
Thanks!

Replies

• carterk1
    Options
    Anyone have any good recipe ideas that call for ingredients most people already have in their pantry? (i.e. pastas, frozen meats, veggies, etc) I tend not to follow recipes if I need to go to the store just to make it.
    Anything will help!
    Thanks!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Anything will help!
    Thanks!

What I do is look up recipes, and make a list of the ingredients I don't have. I do have a pretty full pantry so it is usually some fresh ingredient or special spice that I am missing
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Rice with some frozen vegies is good you don't need alot to go a long way. One of my old favorites was rice with a cream of chicken or other soup with vegies and a sprinkle of cheese on it. After my daughter was born I ate this everyday.

If you have lentils you can have them or any other type of bean with rice and add salsa and lettuce to it to make a yummy meal also.

Potato pancakes are tasty and light when you use applesauce on them. The egg adds some protein.

I hope that will give you a few ideas.
  • tamifanny
    Options
    A Toasted English Muffin w/Mustard & a Fried Egg using Pam Spray. Great for a mini, by yourself meal.

Fahitas: Chicken Strips, Red Bell Peppers, Cheese, Onions, Lettuce & of course Flour Tortillas.

BBQ is always quick & yummy. Toss in a Salad or Fruit

Hmmmmm I'm hungry:drinker:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    we are having stir fry for dinner-steamed rice, frozen veggies, low sodium soy sauce, powdered ginger, a little water and cornstarch to thicken, and shrimp or chicken...Yum can't wait until dinner!
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I made this up with some stuff I had laying around. Maybe not the healthiest but it was yummy...
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can cooked potatoes
    shredded cheese (any kind about 3/4 cup)
    frozen chicken strips
    boxed stuffing

heat oven to 350 degrees. cook the stuffing according to directions. slice the canned potatoes and mix them with the cream of mushroom soup and cheese and put into the bottom of a baking dish. place chicken strips on top of potato mixture ( i defrosted them a little to get them cooked faster once they hit the oven. Then top the casserole with the stuffing. Bake about 45 minutes. So easy and the bottom layer can be made with all sorts of vegetables and healthier things. Also if you don't want to use breaded chicken I'm sure some cooked chicken breast would be good also. So many variations for this....
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    noodles, hamburger, tomato soup and lowfat cheese.

I used to make it with box of mac and cheese and it is really good that way.

2 boxes mac and cheese + 1 pound lean hamburger. Follow the directions on the box, deleting the butter and using low fat milk
    Brown the beef and drain the excess fat, if any
    add the can to tomato soup and beef to the mac and cheese. mmmmmmmmm. But dont forget portion control cuz it is easy to eat too much of this stuff!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    we are having stir fry for dinner-steamed rice, frozen veggies, low sodium soy sauce, powdered ginger, a little water and cornstarch to thicken, and shrimp or chicken...Yum can't wait until dinner!

Im gonna try this thanks:flowerforyou: