Six week plateau...BUSTED! Yay!

Options
13»

Replies

• mvln
    mvln Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I upped my calorie intake to 1300-1400 during the past 2 weeks. The effect is I have more energy during my cardio and strength training workouts; I do not feel sluggish. I also lost inches all over. My clothes are a lot looser than when I was at 1,200 calorie target per day. I don't weigh myself so I don't know if I am losing weight. For me the important thing is I am feeling better and I'm losing inches.
  • passionburst
    Options
    I've been contemplating changing up my calories as well. I've actually been on a 6 month plateau! Initially I was on the weight watcher plan and lost 30 pounds there. After not losing anything with their new plan I figured I'd give calorie counting a try but unfortunately its leaving me at the same place. I'm 5'2" (151) and my net calorie goal is 1200. I've been keeping to that and eating my exercise calories ( I work out 5 days a week running alternating with boot camp), however, with 25 pounds to go nothing is coming off. Ironically after I ran a 5k I gained 2lbs the next day! It's kind of scary but hearing everyone's advice I'm thinking of trying to either up my calories for a couple weeks or decrease my goal from 1lb a week to .5 a week. Any advice would be appreciated...how much should I up my net calorie total?

• SueHerm
    SueHerm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Does anyone find that their results reflect activity and food of a week or so ago rather than this week. My hubby went away for a week returning last Saturday, whilst on my own I ran or walked every single day and ate really healthily so I was upset to find it hadn't budged anything. So maybe today's loss is the result of that week

Yes! That is exactly what seems to happen to me. It can be quite demoralizing when I don't think it through (and it's so easy to "forget" those times when I have a major cheat-fest and don't gain).
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Does anyone find that their results reflect activity and food of a week or so ago rather than this week. My hubby went away for a week returning last Saturday, whilst on my own I ran or walked every single day and ate really healthily so I was upset to find it hadn't budged anything. So maybe today's loss is the result of that week

Yes! That is exactly what seems to happen to me. It can be quite demoralizing when I don't think it through (and it's so easy to "forget" those times when I have a major cheat-fest and don't gain).

Credit card eating!