Overcame temtation to not exercise!

Options
Yesterday, I felt work and when I got home I was feeling exausted. I put off exercising and played monopoly instead. Throughout the monopoly game, I was really thinking about NOT doing my workout at all! My stomach was bothering me and I just wanted to go to sleep....

But I knew that I would be disappointing myself. And furthermore, I would be letting down people on here! So even though it is not a huge success like making my goal weight or anything, I must say that when I was done the workout, I was SOO happy I did it! and I went strong until the very last second :)

Thank you to people on here for making me feel as if I would let you down if I didnt do it!!!

Replies

• sherryberry07
    Options
    WAY to GO!: :-D Sometimes that temptation is the hardest one to overcome - it's the continual building a lifestyle of fitness and healthy choices. When we give in it so easily can go down-hill from there (that's true for me at least). Great job!!! :-D
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is amazing to have all these friends help keep us on track! Way to overcome that inertia and get moving!!
  • destinationparadise
    Options
    Good job and keep up the hard work!
  • Riotactor10
    Riotactor10 Posts: 37
    Options
    That is awesome. I feel like every time that I convince myself not to go workout for various excuses, and when I actually overcome that and end up going, that I am SO glad that I did as I feel great afterwards. Glad to hear it went the same for you!
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have had the same temptation numerous times, sometimes temptation wins but sometimes I win, and even if i don't do my full workout I feel so proud of myself for still going. Great job to you!
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good job! I know how you feel. Had some dental work done yesterday, was in a little pain from that, but my dog kept sitting by his leash, begging to go for our workout walk. I finally relented and took him. Actually felt good, even if it was a shortened workout due to pain.
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! I often times don't feel like working out and skip it, yet yesterday I went through the same thing. Got off work, ran errands, studied a bit then during the middle of my reading I realized "You're gonna hate yourself tomorrow and you won't reach your goal being lazy" so I sucked it up and worked out. I felt amazing afterwards.

Love the mindframe and positivity! congrats again! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!