Work out times?

Options
I used to work out in the morning and I would feel energized all day. I started a new position that requires me to commute and I leave much earlier so I have been working out when I get home. I am absolutely wiped out in the evenings and my energy levels are dragging all day long. I can't get the motivation to wake up any earlier than the 5:00 am I am already doing. Any tips? I have been good about keeping the routine going it is just super difficult to adjust to this new schedule.

Replies

• kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in the morning and I would feel energized all day. I started a new position that requires me to commute and I leave much earlier so I have been working out when I get home. I am absolutely wiped out in the evenings and my energy levels are dragging all day long. I can't get the motivation to wake up any earlier than the 5:00 am I am already doing. Any tips? I have been good about keeping the routine going it is just super difficult to adjust to this new schedule.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Try to get to bed a little earlier each night, eventually you will either be able to get up earlier or you will at least have a little more rest to help you through the day.

do you have an opportunity to take a lunch long enough to get a little power walk in? If so you should take it. That little walk might just give you the boost you need to make it to workout time and beyond!
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It is hard to adjust--but just think, you had to start somewhere before right? Personally I think about getting up early in the morning to work out but it rarely happens (morning seems to be the only time of the day everyone gives me peace--and when I do get up and moving, the kids are right there waiting and wanting) I'm very lucky in the fact that I can walk pretty much anytime during the day (I have a small in home daycare and a BIG stroller I call Quad-zilla) or I try to get the bike ride in with the kids or I have to wait until the littles go to bed. When I do a little Zumba after the children are sleeping, then I am so reved up I can't sleep--maybe yoga at that time would be better.

Anyhow, (sorry I was just processing my workout issues) it's hard to fit it in, but you know how much better you feel when you get it in--try the going to bed earlier then maybe getting up wont feel so bad--or do the noon walk if you can or try what you are doing (after work) and soon I'm sure your body with adjust and feel refreshed after doing it.
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I already get up at 5am. There's no way I can get up any earlier. I have two active teenage boys. I am always going somewhere or doing something. I get home from work at 5:30pm and I'm already exhausted. Then comes homework, the mom taxi, dinner, housework. I find myself trying to fit a workout in at 10pm. Which of course leads to not getting enough sleep.

I am very interested to see the advice that people give.