No more playing around

Options
Hi, I'm Lynn. I have been overweight my entire life. In high school I was always very active in sports and various activities so my weight and overall health then was somewhat under control. However when I started college the stress, dorm life and heavy dorm food took it's toll and the freshman 15 become more like the freshman 30. I went from exercising almost every day to doing almost nothing, and it showed. After I got out of the dorms I vowed to do something about my weight and through a grueling workout regimen and calorie counting lost 30 pounds. But I was miserable with it and was literally spending 4 plus hours everyday planning my workouts and eating schedule, and being a full time student and working two jobs this was not realistic and certainly not a lifestyle change. There was no way I could keep that up and have as a result gained all the weight plus some back. So here I am again and this time I am determined to do this the right way. I am sick of having no energy and I want to feel good about myself and my achievements and be confident in my health, which is something I haven't felt in over five years. A friend and I decided to start this path together and she was recommended to this site, so I decided I have nothing to loose and I am going to give it a shot. I can and WILL do this because I am tired of having to start over. I have about 75 pounds to loose and it starts today.

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    In one year from now, if you stick with this helpful website, you could easily be 75 lbs lighter...
    Good luck!
    i am loving this site and i hope you will too. :)
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    congratulations on taking your first step here.
  • LaNocksi
    LaNocksi Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome Lynn I hope you reach your goal but with this site and all the nice people here it will be easier than before. I just started yesterday so lets see that we will rock our boddys! Hope you are motivated enough :)
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello,

This site is full of great tools and amazing support, I wish you well on your weight loss journey!!