Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
ive been looking at biggest losser uk but its£15 a month
Does MFP really work i need to loose 93lb

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works! If you track your food intake and exercise, it will work. I have lost 40 lbs here!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Just like anything, it works if you work it. :) You have to commit. But yes, there are a lot of people here who have lost that much weight and more. Good luck, and welcome!
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    yep. I switched from weight watchers and this works just as well and is free :)
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Yes. But, it's all up to you if does.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    This site is awesome..I have lost 20lbs in 3 months just from this site,,and watching what I eat and exercise..It helps seeing what you eat put down and the calories counted...If you use you food diary daily and stick to it you to will see results....Good Luck to you...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    MFP helped me lose 80 lbs. You tell me if it worked :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It works if you make it work!
    If you change your eating habits, log your food, do some exercise... Sure it works!!!
    I've lost nearly 15 kg (over 30 pounds) in four months, so it's worked for me.
  • dccordell
    dccordell Posts: 6
    Options
    Anything that helps you to watch you calorie intake and keep up with how much you have coming in and going out (exercise) will be a great help. That seems to be what is so great about MyfitnessPal. It doesn't give diets and "eat this, not that" stuff, just helps you keep up with the numbers. Not to mention, it is always easier to do something when you are part of a group and can get motivation and be held accountable.

MFP gives you a goal for every day and if you stick to it (no, really... stick to it) you will lose weight.

You could do the same on your own, but it's just easier to keep up with your calories and you're more likely to stay on track since you're not doing it alone. Not to mention, it's *FREE* and we are real people in the same shoes as you.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Don't pay for something you can do for free.
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    YES!!! MFP totally works! I've lost like 20 lbs in nearly 3 months! ...and I've NEVER been able to drop weight before so I'm SUPER surprised that 3 months latter I'm STILL on this site AND that I'm really USING this site AND that I have LOST weight!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    45 POUNDS TODAY! Dedication is the key! Good luck!
  • bellababey
    bellababey Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey i really do think this works, i havent actually changed what i am eating but because i have an easy way (i also have the andrioid app on my phone) to track my food intake im eating alot less i dont forget to log anything because as soon as i eat i add it no matter where i am. i've never consitantly lost weight before but am doing so now by using MFP i'd recommended it to anyone good luck xx
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    YES and ditto to what everyone else has said. so far this is what has helped me. didnt realize you can gain weight and put your body into starvation mode by not eating enough.... good luck in your journey.
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    yes i belive it does
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Nah.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    ive been looking at biggest losser uk but its£15 a month
    Does MFP really work i need to loose 93lb

Yes, just follow the basics - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    works for me
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    It's a TOOL where you record the results of your food and exercise plan. It keeps you focused and shows you your progress. IT shows you other people's progress too - check out the Success Stories. What's your plan?
    Mine:
    Record food and exercise every day for the rest of my life, without getting legalistic or inflexible about it
    [in other words, if I miss a day or two of recording or exercising...no biggie]
    Accept that whatever plan I choose, I can choose another one any time, as long as I have a plan. It's not a race.
    I'm in this for the long haul and if I diet more than I don't diet, I'm going to get to my goal eventually and I"ll keep it off.
    The more days I diet, the sooner I'll get to goal, but since it's not a race, I don't worry too much about the days I don't diet anymore.
    I never make myself feel like I've blown it. Since this is for life, as long as I wake up in the morning, I'm still on track.
    Current Plan:
    300-500 calories for meals
    100 calories for snacks
    use HungryGirl.com recipes - they're delicious and realistic
    calorie zigzagging: 1200 net calories one day, 1500-1800 net calories the next
    average net calories: 1400/day
    Learn the difference between calorie intake and net calorie intake [search the site]
    eat my exercise calories
    drink water
    exercise on the elliptical trainer 3-5 days a week - burns 300-320 calories per session
    watch the scale go down very slowly and not get freaked out if it stops for a while, just change things up
    stay focused by recording all on MFP.
    Have a treat once in a while and don't panic over it. Life is short.

Good luck!

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You get exactly what you are willing to put into it. The more you "work it" the better it works. You just have to be willing to do the work!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    YES...It's just a way to track lifestyle changes and keep you on track...diet and exercise will always be the key to success, sometimes slow, but I would rather lose it slowly and keep it off and be healthier than be a human yo yo. I've lost 31 lbs doing it that way and I'm eating better and exercising and I feel great.