WATER wa·ter (wôtr, wtr)

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
1. A clear, colorless, odorless, and tasteless liquid, H2O, essential for most plant and animal life and the most widely used of all solvents.

Who's with me? I've been so slack on water recently. This will help me be accountable to acheive my goal.

Set your goal for today-check in periodically today.

*My goal for today 8 glasses (64 oz).....I've only been getting about 4 glasses

Off to chug the first 8.

Replies

• marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    I am with you....my goal for today is 8. I started to increase my daily intake last week and had a goal to drink at least 8 per day but that didn't last. I think I actually met or exceeded the goal 2 days. Starting today, I am back at the water train. At least 8 everyday!
  • Ljc3
    Ljc3 Posts: 46
    Options
    Im with you too..had a couple days lately where I didnt drink any at all! Aiming for 64oz today guys :)
  • chrissyh
    Options
    8 oz so far (slow start, I know!)
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'll be honest... the MORE you drink water, the more you'll crave it! I'm serious... lemonade, tea, diet coke, gatorade... nothing does it for me like water! It had become easier to drink, once I actually MADE myself start drinking it! LOL! I couldn't imagine a day without plenty of water!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    16 oz
  • Irishtomato
    Options
    Change the way you think about water. When you take a drink, imagine the water going into your body like oil goes into a car. If you want the car to work properly, you must add oil. It keeps all the systems running smoothly just like we need the water to keep our body systems running smoothly. Water will help your body succeed.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    48oz for me so far today
  • Irishtomato
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    8oz and 1 potty break.
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    just starting 64oz :smile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    8oz and 1 potty break.

right on target - I am at 16 and two!!
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    I can't count how many potty breaks I've had lol
  • nosleepinBrooklyn
    nosleepinBrooklyn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put a little no cal lemon juice in mine to make it feel more like lemonade. I love tart things so this really encourages me!
  • notoriousgtt
    notoriousgtt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest... the MORE you drink water, the more you'll crave it! I'm serious... lemonade, tea, diet coke, gatorade... nothing does it for me like water! It had become easier to drink, once I actually MADE myself start drinking it! LOL! I couldn't imagine a day without plenty of water!

This is bang on the money.

I used to hate water on its own, now I drink loads of the stuff and think it tastes awesome.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i am just about to drink glasses 5 and 6,....... 7 will be with dinner and 8 is for the evening
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i struggled to drink water - hate the taste (or lack there-of!). i started putting some diluted orange juice into it and it is so much easier to take now. my logic is that i poured a pint of water into the glass - when i add some dilute, it isnt going anywhere! im still drinking that water, just with a little bit extra. i also find that if i add glasses in my diary for the day, say add 8, then i have the extra incentive to actually drink 8 glasses, because some of my MFP friends might have seen it in my diary, and i dont want to let them down!

ive upped my glasses to 10 today. im halfway through my 2nd glass.
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    I only drink mine from the filter jug and prefer it ice cold, so sometimes get bottles of water and refill them and stick in the fridge or freezer for a bit
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    8oz and 1 potty break.

right on target - I am at 16 and two!!

Burning cals walking to the restroom. Woo Hoo.
    :bigsmile:
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    haha I'm not burning enough doing that
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think I may have to ask my boss to set up computer in the bathroom if I drink any more water!