Too much time on the scale

Options
I would like to see less posts about weight and more posts about measurements. I recommend people measure both forearms and upper arms, neck, chest, between chest and stomach, naval, hips, both upper legs and both calves. I believe this will help those with plateau problems.

Replies

• bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think you're absolutely right! I can't help but step on the scale every morning, and I get bummed if the loss doesn't start adding up. BUT, I did notice that my face and neck is noticeably slimmer, and that's just in the last week--the week that weight loss has been slow :)
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I would like to see less posts about weight and more posts about measurements. I recommend people measure both forearms and upper arms, neck, chest, between chest and stomach, naval, hips, both upper legs and both calves. I believe this will help those with plateau problems.

I wish there was a like button!
  • mt_nest
    mt_nest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree. However, I've been struggling with the same problem. It's like I've become addicted to watching the scale. I got down to my target weight, but my trainer says my body fat is still too high. So, I've had to increase my intake in order to build muscle. She's ban me from the gym scale. It has been a struggle, but I haven't weighed in 4 days and I know I'm gaining. I'm going to keep doing what she tells me, though. I'm going to give her a chance to prove it to me.