P90X QUESTIONS

2»

Replies

• Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    @ Tankplanker
    I see what you are getting at, in order to build more muscle and increase size I will have to have heavier weights in order to constantly challenge my muscles to grow.
    But if im looking more towards leaning out and increasing my enurance without losing what muscle size i already have will using the weights i have currently, plus a few pair, work for that in your opinion?
    its not just about size as lighter weight means less work unless you add in more reps, less work, less calories burnt.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    The 5-25's will be great for many of the exercises, maybe most, but not adequate for heavy pants and such. You can start with what you have and add as you need/want to (and can afford to, dumbbells get expensive at higher weights!) There is a lot of body weight stuff so what you have is a great place to start.
  • pdxwarrior
    pdxwarrior Posts: 16

I have thought about getting some previously but they were so expensive, and couldn't justify the price.
    Adjust easily on the fly as in not having to hit pause on the DVD?

I have the Powerblocks, not the Bowflex. For me, they were worth it for the space savings. I did sometimes have to hit pause to make the adjustment, but it wasn't too bad.
    Thanks for the reply Frodo.

To those who use the adjustment dumb bells up to 50lbs.
    What do YOU use for lawnmower and heavy pants?

When going through the Shoulders and Arms video I was able to change up the weights without hitting pause. This is really going to depend on a few things though. For instance, if you change the weight on every exercise and/or if you push all the way to the end of each rep set (or go over by a rep or two) you might run out of time. Also could depend on how fast you move :) I was able to do so without rushing too much, but on some reps I may finish up before they do as well. Either way, I would consider it to be reasonable.

I haven't done the heavy pants or lawnmowers with these weights yet, but I imagine I could do 30 or so. I was only doing this before with the dumbells I had available so they were 15 pounders, having the 552s will not only give me a better chance to grow, but a better understanding of where I am at.
This discussion has been closed.