Starting Paleo Today!!!!!! Nervous!!!!

Options
Any help on getting started would be greatly appreciated. Looking to lose 35 lbs!!!!

Thanks,
Nicole

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!

One of my friends has recently done it, she lost 5lbs the first week, 1lb the second but then found it too hard to stick to any longer.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    I am on my first 7 days!! one day at a time and its ok to leave your training wheels on. I have been living 80/20 and it is giong great. The only thing I have not really given up yet is, diary meaning my yogurt and cottage cheese oh and my red wine and chocolate!
    Every thing else has been a piece of cake :wink:
    Feel free to add me if you like. I also found this awesome group on FB!
  • thegoodner
    thegoodner Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I started this week as well and so far so good...I am eating all day long!!! I found the site Everydaypaleo.com and the book Everyday Paleo really helpful in getting started. Easy, yummy recipes! I have lost 2.8 pounds since Monday!!! I have a ton of energy, but I did have some withdrawals at first. But now, I just feel...BETTER!

feel free to add me :)
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have done it in the past and I dropped 35lbs in 4 months. I just restarted on Sunday. All I can say don't dwell on the things you CAN"T have.. focus on what you can have. The first week or two are the hardest. But i promise once you get past those first couple weeks. you are going to feel amazing!!!!
    I am 100% I can't do the 80/20 only because it leaves me too much room for temptation. I like the strictness of it. I have to be all in or not at all... You can add me if you want :)

Good Luck and don't be nervous, it really is a great livestyle change.
  • girlonamission34
    Options
    Thanks!!!!! I am nervous, I have attempted many diets and failed. I like this because it is cut and dry this is what you can have and what you can't. I need to do more research though not sure if there are portion size limits which portion control tends to be a problem for me. Gotta do something, sit at a desk all day and have ABSOLUTELY NO ENERGY!!!!!! Feel like crap all the time!!!!! Going to the beach at the end of July and promised myself something would change before then!!!!!! Support is a def need for me so I appreciate all the help and info you are giving!!!!!