slightly embarassing NSV

Options
Tiggermummy
Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
I was visiting a different facility today for some training, and I needed to get down on the floor to put some tape down to seal a room, but because I was wearing a tyvek suit (dispossible boiler suit) my trousers didn't ride up my leg as they should have, and I split my trousers along a seam from my knee to my thigh....:embarassed: :blushing:

so having made a temp repair with some suture material to stop it spreading any further, and having finished the training, I shot out to local chairty/thrift and could only find Size 16 from Next, so I thought I would give them a try, and

THEY FIT!!! a little more snug across the overhang but I can do them up, the zip isn't pinging down or off...
I was a uk 22 at christmas - doing a happy dance :happy: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :wink: :smile:

Replies

• bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey, at least they didn't split in the rear...I had that happen when I was in denial over my weight gain in November of last year, and even though it was in the privacy of my closet it didn't make it any easier :(

Now, to the god part....HURRAY for your loss in sizes! That's freaking awesome, very proud. You'll hit your goal in no time :D
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing!!!! Well done! So pleased for you! Its the embarrassing things that have to happen to make us see how well we have done sometimes :D xxxx
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing!!!! Well done! So pleased for you! Its the embarrassing things that have to happen to make us see how well we have done sometimes :D xxxx
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    thats amazing, the NSV not the tear :blushing:
    good for you sweetie feels blood amazing doesnt it

well done x
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    I am doing a happy dance for you too! Congrats.
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    AWESOME!! Good for you, you should be very proud of yourself!!! You should do MANY happy dances!!!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    since CHRISTMAS?! Go you! that's fantastic!!!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome feeling :)
    sorry you found out like that but congrats!
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    You deserve the happy dance. It sounds like you have done amazing!
  • Madmumlee
    Madmumlee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is amazing!

What is the ONE thing you think has been the main factor in you losing all that weight?
  • smex14
    smex14 Posts: 48
    Options
    Fantastic - well done you!
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I think for me there are three main things that I have done

1) drink water - lots of it.

2) portion sizes - I can now eyeball a portion of most foods within 1-2g! I started by putting out what I thought was a portion and then weighing it to see how much I was over and adjusting accordingly. I do occasionally weigh portions to make sure I am still close.

3) Walking - I now try and power walk whenever I can, I catch an earlier train to give me time to walk rather than go on the underground. The walk to work used to take me to 30 minutes, I now do it in 16 minutes between 4-6 mph depending on how many tourists get in my way or timing getting to traffic lights!
  • Tacita123
    Tacita123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wooo! Brilliant!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!