back flab?

Options
So somehow I have developed back flab on the upper sides of my back near my arm pits. Im not exactly sure why my body decided that this would be a nice place to add fat to, but I do not appreciate it! =] Any body know any exercise I can do to tone this up? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• 09ecoopersmith
    Options
    So somehow I have developed back flab on the upper sides of my back near my arm pits. Im not exactly sure why my body decided that this would be a nice place to add fat to, but I do not appreciate it! =] Any body know any exercise I can do to tone this up? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Waiting for tips!
  • asalthouse
    Options
    I call these my back boobs. I excersize alot and it seems that the best way to get rid of these is to reduce your overall percent of body fat. I am not sure if it is scientifically based or not, but I think that just because you excersize a particular area of your body, that doesn't mean the fat in that particular area goes away. I think that genetics and your overall body type and shape determines where the fat will be deposited. I think it is our job to keep down the overall amount of fat we store in our bodies (by eating less and working out more) and maybe we will be lucky not to have any weird fat globs in any place in particular.
    Also, if you are female, if you have a properly fitting bra, it plays down those back boobs. Having a bra that is too tight causes a fat roll to appear above and below the bra in back. Be observant and you'll see what I mean.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Well, you can't really spot reduce, but I have found that weight training especially with pullups has gotten rid of my back rolls and given me awesome muscles! :happy:

Jess
  • smsmithart
    smsmithart Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    my back flab has reduced alot with my weight loss..
    i dont think u can spot train