30 Day Shred as Regular Weight Training

Options
Has anyone tried the 30DS as just a regular weight training plan? For instance, using it every other day? If so, what were your results?

I have started (and stopped) the 30DS several times because every single time I get to the middle of the second level (like Day 12/13), my shoulder gets really painful and immobile. I'm hoping that maybe not pushing myself to do it every single day will help alleviate this problem.

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I did it for the 30 days. I couldnt really get through level 3 because it hurt my joints A LOT!
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I only do the 30DS when I'm feeling masochistic. My knees aren't what they used to be, so it's a little rough. The most I can do it is once or twice a week, but you really feel a difference after just a few times.

Lately, I've been into the Crunch series on Netflix. The Super Slimdown is my favorite!
  • ritarampage
    ritarampage Posts: 32
    Options
    I love the Super Slimdown! I use it on my easier, "rest" type days.

Unfortunately, my body only responds to really hard weight training when I'm trying to lose weight, so maybe I'll just try the 30DS again and see how it goes.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I never do it more than every other day. A good personal trainer will tell you that you should never work the same muscle group two days in a row, because your muscles must have enough time off to repair, otherwise you are just breaking them down and not building them up. Jillian fails to mention this, which is why a lot of the personal trainers I've talked to really don't like her. I've had great results just doing it every other day :)
  • getupandmoveit
    Options
    I do just the strength and ab exercises in her video as my weight training every other day. During the cardio routines, I repeat the exercises or do others (tricep kickbacks, tricep dips, planks, etc). I always feel like I get a good workout. Works for me!
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use it as my weight training. I try to go for a good run before it and then I rotate the different levels around since they seem to work different muscle groups. I will modify some of the moves if I feel that I need to be working a different muscle group.