Confession Time

ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
I have a guilty confession.
About 3 times in the past week I have "completed" my diary under my calorie goal but ate an additional 100-200 calories after without logging it. I have had "secret" chocolate and popcorn. Then last night I was starving after working a 12 hr shift and forgetting my supper and binged on lasagna,cake and banana bread.
Just had to get it off my chest.
I feel guilty,but its motivating me to get back on track.

Replies

• callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    we have all been there.. done that.... just shake it off and start fresh the next day..
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Its a cheat day....no biggie :) your allowed one every so often
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    It happens to us all; just jump back on the wagon...we're all cheering you on!
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    I feel like not logging things here and there can quickly lead to just skipping MFP on the days I'm "bad." If it was only an extra 100-200 calories, go ahead and log it! If you were under calories to begin with, even if it puts you over your goal for the day, you're probably still under the calories you'd need to eat to maintain your current weight -- just losing more slowly than you'd like. And that way, you're being totally honest with yourself.

Everyone goes over sometimes. The important part is to accept it and move on with renewed motivation for the next day!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Thanks for the confession, but now you need a 5 minute time out, Then take a deep breath and begin a brand new shinny day
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    LOL....I know how you feel. Last week I got up late in the night (at least 2-3 different nights) and ate a bowl of cereal telling myself...well, it's not yesterday, but it's not today yet either. haha. So I didn't log it. I made myself stop it bcuz I felt like I was cheating myself! So I agree.....always a plus to get back on track even through the many 'fall offs' we all will face!
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Next time you have a confession moment like now, maybe go back and add the extras into your diary, then next time you go to eat those, you might remember that they will end up in your diary and even if your not logging them, they still count.

I don't blame you, my worst downfall is knowing I haven't stuck to my calories for the day and therefore not logging anything in. I guess that way I don't have to see how much over I am!

So long as you just jump back on I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck!
  • mandie26
    mandie26 Posts: 59
    As your sister, I just want to say that I think you're craving & eating those extra few hundred calories because your body needs and wants them. You're at the very bottom of the healthy end of your BMI and I don't think you should be trying to lose anymore weight. Toning and maintenance now. No more weightloss.
This discussion has been closed.