snacking?

Options
Hello all! I'm looking for some suggestions to either curb my afternoon snacking or to find some low calorie snacks (besides vegetables!!). I've always been susceptible to snacking between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. (between lunch and dinner)....I'm looking at my food journal for the last few days and I'm definintely having difficulty in that area. ALL of my snacks are eaten during this period of time. Any suggestions????

Replies

• Jules4506
    Options
    Hello all! I'm looking for some suggestions to either curb my afternoon snacking or to find some low calorie snacks (besides vegetables!!). I've always been susceptible to snacking between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. (between lunch and dinner)....I'm looking at my food journal for the last few days and I'm definintely having difficulty in that area. ALL of my snacks are eaten during this period of time. Any suggestions????
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i love snacking.. and i hate snacking on vegetables. i usually will have a cheese stick (trader joe's organic light string cheese = 60 cals.), or yogurt (i love dannon natural coffee yogurt = 150 cals, i think). If i'm in a junk food mood, but don't want to destroy my day, i'll have a serving of lays fat free potato chips (75 cals., i think), or a small piece of chocolate (trader joe's chocolate orange sticks, 150 cals. for 4 pieces.. i usually have a half serving). and then i move on to something else to get my mind off of food. keep drinking your water - that helps keep your tummy full too.
  • girldeese
    Options
    I eat fruit.....if I really am craving a sweet I will have a no sugar added hot chocolate - 60 cals...or one of the 100 calorie packs of snacks they have recently come out with.:smile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I like pretzels, 100 calorie bags of popcorn, any of those little 100 calorie snack packs, celery with peanut butter or hummus (I know still veggie but the topping helps), fruit, fat free skim milk is always a nice filling snack for me, sometimes some sugar free pudding.....there are lots of snacks that can be low in calories, you just have to look for them and get creative. Also, drinking plenty of water can curb some hunger pangs because sometimes what we think is hunger is really just dehydration....if nothing else it can be filling if you have nothing but high calorie snacks around.
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That's my snack time too. I try to get something with some protein and then also drink a cup of green tea. I like plain non-fat greek yogurt because it has the same number of calories as regular non-fat yogurt (about 120 per cup) but tons more protein! A lot of people don't like the bitter taste of plain yogurt so I add cinnamon and little bit of vanilla extract to mine. Another favorite snack of mine is plain rice-cakes with a little bit of almond butter and fruit spread. Also, Pirates Booty when I am craving something salty. Hope that helps.
  • pecksun8
    Options
    If you need a little sweet snack, try a bag of candy like dum dum pops, or hershey minitures, but only eat ONE SERVING! You can do it, and it's usually enough to just give you the taste your craving for.
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That's my snack time too. I try to get something with some protein and then also drink a cup of green tea. I like plain non-fat greek yogurt because it has the same number of calories as regular non-fat yogurt (about 120 per cup) but tons more protein! A lot of people don't like the bitter taste of plain yogurt so I add cinnamon and little bit of vanilla extract to mine. Another favorite snack of mine is plain rice-cakes with a little bit of almond butter and fruit spread. Also, Pirates Booty when I am craving something salty. Hope that helps.

Greek yogurt is so very yummy--I wish I had a guidline of how to make it at home with my yogurt maker...hmmm