Needing Help

Options
Hello everyone I am pretty new to MFP but you all are such inspirations when I look through the success posts I think I am finally on the right path to losing my weight.

My question is do you guys just worry about staying in your calories or do you stress making sure everything is clean? Clean eating is awesome I know but I am not a big preparer and I work full time and go to school at night so not a lot of extra time. So I am wondering if staying in my calories matters more than making sure everything is clean.

Sorry rambling on!

Thanks for you help :)

Replies

• Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    what is "clean"? :huh:
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i mean, basically u want to do both, i work two jobs i am never home.. but sundays is my one day off from everything.. so i take a few peices of chicken, some veggies, some sweet potatoes some steaks, watever u want, (clean stuff) and i premake off it for just about the entire week.. mon-thursday basically.. u can always grab fruit in between, pbj sandiwches, or a quick turkey sandwich or something.. and some tuna to mix it up, but thats the basic stuff.. and it makes meals so much easier and less sterssful and theyre always right there jsut wiating to be heated up and theyre "clean" and good for me! ive been doing this for like 2 weeks or so now maybe 3 and already see a HIGE difference especially in my stomach area!... keep ur protein up! egss..spinach, all those healthy choices! ull do great!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I vote for focusing on eating clean. I used to limit my calories to 1200 a day but was eating crap, processed food in the wrong proportions. It wasn't until I changed my diet to CLEAN eating that I dropped 20 pounds (with little difference in exercise).
    I work full-time and have two kids but still find time to eat clean. It's just a matter of planning ahead. :-)
  • ritas1982
    ritas1982 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you! I guess I just need to get over the flavor aspect something about just eating chick breast doesn't sound good. I have tried that in the past and was burnt out on what I made in a couple of days so wasted a ton of food. I know my mind set just needs to change but that is good advice! I think I need to work on not having the all or nothing attitude because I over restrict and then fall completely off the wagon. I am going to give this another try!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    There are tons of things you can eat besides just chicken breast. And even chicken breast you can cook in different ways so as not to get bored. I made a huge pot of quinoa and black bean chili last night and it's so good, all clean and healthy AND will last me thru the weekend. :)
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    i just started clean eating its tough to get used to but i am hoping it will help me lose the rest of this weight.. I will see in about a week or two...
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    baby steps! For me, at first it was only about stayin in the calorie range. Then I wanted to increase my protein so that it was balanced with my carbs, then keeping an eye on sodium, etc... you can't jump straight in to it and be completely clean, completely balanced, and always under your goals, you'll go nuts!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too, but I'm totally in the "clean" camp. Not to say that you can't do both, but I'd rather do this the right way and stick with it long term than worry about a quick fix and be obsessed with calories everyday.
  • ritas1982
    Options
    Could I get your recipe that sounds yummy!
  • ritas1982
    Options
    There are tons of things you can eat besides just chicken breast. And even chicken breast you can cook in different ways so as not to get bored. I made a huge pot of quinoa and black bean chili last night and it's so good, all clean and healthy AND will last me thru the weekend. :)

Could I get your recipe that sounds yummy!
  • Larola76
    Larola76 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi RIta, I am new to MFP too. I work and study at night too. I am not a big help, but I thing this is the best time to loose some weight. I am trying to eat different salads eat every day, and be clean with my calories.