Need more mom activities for calorie burning

Options
It seems like all the activities I do are altered slightly because I do them with my babies. I have twin 3.5 month old babies the other day I pushed a stroller with them in it while I did my walking and today I did step aerobics for 1/2 an hour with one of them in a sling on me! There's no listing for "Step Aerobics with 12 lb baby hanging on You" or even "Walked 3 miles pushing 35 lb stroller and 26 lbs of babies"! or how about "Breastfed twins 8 times for 20 min each feeding"!
I just wish I knew how to figure my calorie burning more precisely.
Guess I will just add a few extra to my totals or burn a few extra calories than I take in.
Marla

Replies

• marlacasey
    marlacasey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It seems like all the activities I do are altered slightly because I do them with my babies. I have twin 3.5 month old babies the other day I pushed a stroller with them in it while I did my walking and today I did step aerobics for 1/2 an hour with one of them in a sling on me! There's no listing for "Step Aerobics with 12 lb baby hanging on You" or even "Walked 3 miles pushing 35 lb stroller and 26 lbs of babies"! or how about "Breastfed twins 8 times for 20 min each feeding"!
    Guess I will just add a few extra to my totals or burn a few extra calories than I take in.
    Marla
  • killianrjkl
    Options
    Check out www.caloriesperhour.com. Go to their activity calculator. They have listings for just about anything you can think of. Good luck!
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow--twins, that's a workout in it self (just imagine when they start moving. All the calories you will burn chasing them around)

I personally just look at toeing the kids around as bounus--I don't count them in, but that's just me. I just give myself a pat on the back for pushing 100lbs of kids plus my quad-zilla up the hills of my mini San Fram-like town. I know there is someone who will be able to help you on how to figure it out--but for now, just enjoy spending all that time with them.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Get a Heart rate monitor for the exercise and enjoy the nursing!!

I nursed my twins for 14 months and that was the BEST!! Though I still get tired when I think about it, lol.

But, way to go on getting in your exercise now. That is a HUGE accomplishment. CONGRATS!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    I was going to suggest a HRM as well, it will give you the best count of where you are at with your calories. There is a lady in my town who runs, yes runs, with her two kids in a double stroller. Its crazy! I see her every day. She looks awsome, too.

P.S. I am suffering from baby fever! I'm so crazed right now that when I read your post I pictured myself doing step aerobics with a baby strapped to me! Ha. I'm sick...
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Marla
    Wait - did you miss Extreme Ironing earlier today?

http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668?v=3306277&l=4418225