Need a good training plan for triathalon...

Options
please help me! Anyone have any good links to train for a triathalon...it's the sprint version, not olympic, if that helps at all.

And any information/advice is welcome. It's in a year and my husband doesn't think I can do it.

Help me prove him wrong!!! :laugh:
TIA,
Heidi

Replies

• please help me! Anyone have any good links to train for a triathalon...it's the sprint version, not olympic, if that helps at all.

And any information/advice is welcome. It's in a year and my husband doesn't think I can do it.

Help me prove him wrong!!! :laugh:
    TIA,
    Heidi
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    I am doing one in July of 2009 for the first time. My husband and I will be doing it together. I dont know if there is anything out there specific. My sister in law does full length Triathlons and she will be training us. So far she wants us to work on each individual item of the race and then put them all together. She seems to think we have more than enough time to be ready. I will keep you posted on what our true training plan is.

Good Luck on your journey! Tell DH that you will do it and prove him wrong and when you do he needs to do something special in return! A new outfit, something you have wanted for a long time, a day at the spa???
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • abjones80
    Options
    you definitely can! I did mine and only trained for 8 weeks for a my first sprint, and i'v been competing ever since!
    there's great tri books you can get at barnes and noble or borders.... One has everything you need, and a raining log, i think is called the Triathlon handbook, or Triathlon for Beginners. Little blue paper back with a training log in the back.
    Most everyone starting out is weak in the swim leg, so be sure to block out a little extra time for this area (or whatever leg you feel weakest in)
    The key.... do exactly what they tell you for that day...nothing more, nothing less...even if you feel totally motivated to do extra, DON"T. it's unreal how you progress. and make sure you research the race...
    My first was the one that is held annually in OCT in miami...called Tradewinds. GREAT first time course. The swim, is a closed lake, not open water, and the bike is 10miles closed course and flat, and the run is all flat. The best part is the sponsers are awesome people, who have great wave groups like "spare Tires" and Klidesdales.... Everyone was smiling and laughing, and clapping for everyone...even the elites came back after they finished to cheer on the later groups and novices! there's ALL types in this race and the after party is so fun.. There is even a wave for first timers!!!
    Prove your husband wrong!!! Best of luck!
  • Thank you for the book suggestions. I picked up the one with the training log in the back and it looks like a good read.

Thank you again!!
    Heidi