NSV: God is looking out for me!

Options
I've been stressing, my blog/journal this morning talks about it. Talks about the disappointment I feel about not "seeing" any changes. Not really "feeling" my clothes getting loose etc. I've not gotten on the scale or measured because I'm scared of the results...but today.

I went to the gym and had to run out to get my cell out of the car, a little old lady going into the gym stopped me and asked me how many inches I'd lost. I told her I had no clue I wasn't measuring. She told me she's seen the changes in me over the weeks and she's proud.

Then after working out on the elliptical and with my trainer, a lady stopped me in the locker room and told me how awesome it was that I worked so hard. She said I looked so strong and beautiful and .....gasp....I had a great *kitten*. She then told me how her daughter (who is 40) was struggling with weight and wanted me to meet her. I wrote down the MFP site and my username for her daughter in case she was interested- so maybe I'll have a new friend out of this too!

I was floored. So, these little conversations have taken the place of a scale and a tape measure for me at the moment and helped me get the demon out of my head!! God was lookin' out I tell ya-- He knew I was upset/stressed/scared etc. and sent these ladies to get me through for the time being.

Thank you Jesus!!

Replies

• ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :smile: Awesome!!! Sometimes He puts people in our paths to help us get outta that gloom. Congrats!!!!
  • spr_chkn
    spr_chkn Posts: 48
    Options
    It's amazing what encouraging words can do, right? Keep it up.. and yes, He is looking out for you :smile:
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! I'm sure the feeling was better than what a scale or tape measure could have given you!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It's funny how compliments from strangers can make your day, huh?

Out of all the people I work with, I have one fellow associate who ALWAYS compliments me on how I look. I don't see her often, but when I do she is always full of positive words for me. It makes me feel good to hear it. :)
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am convinced that my life is full of angels. :smile:

I love this post -- keep up the great work, you never know who you're going to inspire!!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh wow this brought tears to my eyes. He was and always will be looking out for you. I personally think he gave me the strength to start this journey and succeed. I was overweight about 25lbs then my father became very ill with a week to live. My sisters and I took care of him at his home and he lived despite what the drs told us 4 months. I let myself go as it was all about him and gained another 15lbs. After he passed it was all about everyone but me. I finally had a moment a light turned on 1-3-11 that it was time for ME. I was so depressed and had no life left in me. He came to me when I most needed it to help me realize I needed to work on ME. Have faith hun and keep going strong. Youve got this!
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes! I will take an encouraging word sent by God anyday over the scale!!!!

Congrats on your hard work!! Keep on pushing! You are doing great!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Good for you that these people took the time to tell you the differences they noticed in you and how hard you work. You rock!

It's a strange feeling not seeing the differences in yourself at first. I certainly didn't and still don't sometimes--42 pounds down! it wasn't until people started commenting to me when I dropped the first 10 pounds that I realized the difference is noticeable to others. For me, I felt the same inside (I'm still ME!) but it wasn't until my pants and jeans started becoming more and more loose that I had to buy new clothes that I really started to feel that I looked different.

Just today at work, a coworker commented that I'm completely transforming myself and that she was so happy for me. I think I walked on a cloud for a good 10 minutes after that. :)
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats and that is awesome!!! Too bad i'm sure this thread will be locked since you mentioned the G word :(
  • jocelynlewis
    Options
    Congrats! The Lord has a way of doing things!
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    Thanks everybody-So far this site has A LOT to do with the changes I'm making. I'm walking a little taller and with a bit more confidence today thanks to the kindness of strangers.

Sorry about using the G word, didn't know it could possible "lock" the post. Oops- my apologies. :embarassed:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh man, God always knows what you stand in need of. He knew that was needed to remind you of just how awesome you are doing! Yay God!!!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody-So far this site has A LOT to do with the changes I'm making. I'm walking a little taller and with a bit more confidence today thanks to the kindness of strangers.

Sorry about using the G word, didn't know it could possible "lock" the post. Oops- my apologies. :embarassed:

lol, don't apologize! i just think it's sad everytime i see a post talking about God, it gets locked :( it just makes me sad
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! He always has a way of working things out like that. I can't count the times I have been encouraged by a person or a song or something I read, and I didn't even know I needed it until after!!! =) God is so good.

And if mentioning God gets the thread shut down, that is just wrong! Freedom of religion/speech? You are not trying to push religion on anyone with this thread... so hopefully you are safe. =) We need more threads like this.
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good for you, that is so great..and this is a great post :smile:
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    oh my..THAT is fantastic! God works in mysterious ways, doesnt he! Congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!