Dinner meals?

Options
Hey everyone. Hope all is well.

I am having a really hard time finding good healthy EASY dinner meals to cook. I am not a good cook...and I am all about easy too. Anyone have any websites they know of? My problem too is ingredients I have never even heard of! LOL.

The exercise for me is the easy part...I even got off the soda...just need help in meal area. I checked out the recipe section already.

Any ideas?

Replies

• chubbymom
    Options
    Hey everyone. Hope all is well.

I am having a really hard time finding good healthy EASY dinner meals to cook. I am not a good cook...and I am all about easy too. Anyone have any websites they know of? My problem too is ingredients I have never even heard of! LOL.

The exercise for me is the easy part...I even got off the soda...just need help in meal area. I checked out the recipe section already.

Any ideas?
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    One of my family's favorites:

2.5 pounds chicken breasts or tenders (never use skin)
    two 14-16 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
    2-4 garlic cloves, pressed
    1/2 cup vinegar

Put all ingredients in pan, except chicken, mix it up a bit and top with chicken. Cook on medium simmer until chicken is done. Serve over rice (or pasta).

Quick, easy and even my hubby loves it...

Hope you enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • Larissadawn
    Options
    George Foreman Grill! It is the fastest way to cook healthy. I just put some plain chicken breasts on and some veggies in the steamer and then either rice or baked potatoes and it's all done within 20 minutes. It's definitely not fancy and if you're watching your calories then it's perfect, but if your family doesn't like it plain you can always marinate the meat first in a simple teriyaki. You can pretty much cook anything in it though.

Whole-wheat pasta and meat sauce with a salad is also a good quick, healthy one.

And the recipe book Life's on Fire, Cooking for the Rushed, is pretty excellent; it gives you grocery lists and all.

Good Luck :)
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    We barbeque here a lot and when it's too cold, we use the Foreman Grill. A must have in our home is the rice steamer with veggie attachment on top. Because of husband's sensitive tummy, we typically make bland meals and then add flavor via home made dips & sauces (that are on plan). Bracamole and strawberry vinegarette are some of my family's favorites... :flowerforyou:
  • AdreaDawn
    Options
    I like to cook chicken. I get the Kirkland frozen chicken breast from Costco. I pre-heat the oven to 350. Use a little margarine (just enought to make the seasoning stick) and some pepper, and johnny's and some garlic powder. Cook for 45 min and its low calorie and easy! Then just make a salad, and maybe some stove top or corn or whatever you like.