Your favorite low calorie breakfast food?

Options
13»

Replies

• anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    I have the same thing almost every single morning and I never ever get tired of it.

1 light Thomas' English Muffin - 100 calories
    1 laughing cow cheese wedge (preferably french onion) - 35 calories
    1 hard boiled egg - 65 calories

total - 200 calories

toast muffin, cut cheese in half and spread on each half of muffin. Cut hard boiled egg in half and top muffin. Sprinkle with gray salt and consume!! Love it!

I also like eggo waffles with greek yogurt.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I don't do low calories for breakfast. I want dinner to be my lightest meal of the day. On gym days I eat an omelet or scrambled eggs with oven backed home fries. On non gym days oatmeal with dried cranberries, or cereal with almond or rice milk and a piece of fruit.
    My trainer said to follow this quote: Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. We should eat according to our metabolism's demands and it's at it's highest in the morning since you've been "fasting" all night long. and it's at it's lowest in the evening because you've been eating all day long.

With that said, I dont always do it. For breakfast this morning I had scrambled eggs, strawberries and almond milk.
  • hipster47
    hipster47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Watch_Me_Shrink
    Watch_Me_Shrink Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Four egg whites, half cup original oatmeal, bananna....put it all in a large glass and mix well.....add 1.5 cups of water and mix well again. In two minutes you have a breakfast shake to go. Thats my favorite breakfast. :)

Ugh I'm sorry to say but this sounds absolutley awful!! egg oats and water?! yuck! but each to their own i guess..

personally i love cheerios with skim milk, they are only 110 for a 30g serve and are made with wholewheat. yum!
    either that or scrambled egg whites with ham tomato and low fat cheese :)
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 2 egg whites, sun dried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, fresh basil, feta cheese. (300 calories)
    1 egg, 2 egg whites, broccoli, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, 3 slices ham (chopped) scrambled all together. (296 calories)

No butter needed. Olive oil spray will do ya fine! Happy eating!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    At least 3 times a week I have an egg white omelet with chicken sausage wrapped in a pita with some fruit on the side.

Yesterday my breakfast looked like this:

Tomato - Roma Tomato, Medium, Raw, 0.5 tomato 18
    Raw Green Bell Peppers - Green Bell Peppers, 6 Strips 3
    Organic Valley - Egg Whites, 0.33 cup 33
    Joseph's - Flax, Oat Bran, & Whole Wheat Pita Bread , 1 Pita 60
    Onions - Raw, 1 slice, medium (1/8" thick) 6
    Mann's - Stringless Sugar Snap Peas, 1 oz 13
    Applegate Farms - Breakfast Sausage, Chicken & Maple, 3 Links, 1 links 50

Fresh Fruit - Nectorine, 1 nectorine 60

Total Cals: 243

**like whoa, I posted on this twice without even realizing!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You may not want to eat it everyday or anything, but you could occasionally have what you want without too much damage. Below is an example of two pancakes with syrup and an egg white omelet with sausage in it. For a total of 347 calories.....Just gotta watch your portions.

Van's - All Natural Buttermilk Pancake, 2 pancakes (88g) 170 cals
    Log Cabin - 100% Pure Maple Syrup, 0.0625 cup 55 cals
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped 34 cals
    Organic Valley - Egg Whites, 0.33 cup 33 cals
    Raw Green Bell Peppers - Green Bell Peppers, 10 Strips 5 cals
    Applegate Farms - Breakfast Sausage 1 links 50 cals
    I agree with this. This morning I had chocolate chip pancakes, 2 slices turkey bacon, and a hard boiled egg for 330 calories.
  • rttd3
    rttd3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a newbe but I make an egg sandwich. 170 cal!
    80 cal-English muffin toasted-Healthy life light muliti-grain redu. Sodium
    30 cal- f/f Borden cheese slice
    60 cal- frozen scrambled egg pattie
    And u can make it in a couple min. On ur way out the door.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting today but have a plan to make frozen breakfast sanwhiches. Turkey sausage, 2% cheese, egg substitute on whole wheat english muffins. Very filling. You can make batches up and freeze so they are easy to grab out the door.