Eating every 2 hours, small meals

Options
So who here is eating every two hours, and has had results? I usually try, (keyword...try) diets, but no luck. I don't usually stick to them. But this time I'm on my second day of eating every two hours, only 200 calories per meal. Eating 3 meals and two snacks. My metabolism is the worst in the planet though, and I'm hoping I can get results this time around! I just wanted to know of anyone else out there trying this or having done it already! =)

Replies

• shinypinkpolish
    Options
    I now eat every 2-3 and i get nice results so i will do it from now on!
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I eat about every 3 - 3.5 hours and I fee like I have more energy.
  • AndreaWard
    AndreaWard Posts: 33
    Options
    I have been eating small meals every 2 hours for about a week and a half. I have lost 8 lbs so far. That is also with exercise. I eat 1 lean protein and 1 complex carb every 2 hours. If you would like more info you can always visit my blog at:
    http://myjourneytolose120pounds.blogspot.com/
    I am never hungry and I haven't not felt that "weighed down, bloated" feeling I used to get when I would eat whatever since I have started this.

Good luck to you!
    Andrea
  • peytjalmom
    peytjalmom Posts: 76
    Options
    I try to eat every two or three hours, make sure I get protein at each snack/meal, and eat more complex than simple carbs and I've lost 35 pounds. Benefits are keeping blood sugars level to keep down carb cravings and never getting so hungry that I make bad food choices.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 times a day. I do eat smaller meals for the second and fourth meals (more snacks than anything) but it definitely has helped with my post-gallbladder removal issues and keeps me on an even keel. Plus, because I'm not HUNGRY when lunch or dinner comes around, I don't pig out!

It has helped keep my energy up, I think. It's definitely helped my roommate - she's trying the same thing. Prior to doing 5 meals a day she ate a snack and dinner. Just a snack and dinner! It's no wonder she would crash mid-afternoon after eating basically nothing for twenty-four hours... And then she'd pig out on dinner because she was SOOOO hungry. Now she's hardly ever hungry, but has much more energy during the day. It took a few weeks for her metabolism to kick back in, basically it had turned off while she was torturing it. But now she's losing weight!
  • lisset_lt
    lisset_lt Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you all for your personal advice. Its my second day, and I feel full at all times. Ofcourse I am drinking plenty more water as well! Thanks again!
  • janetipie
    janetipie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can you guys give me an example of what kind of things you eat? My concern is that I have a very busy life and need to prepare ahead of time as well as carry food around with me. I also get bored with food and don't want to eat the same thing all day long. So hit me with your ideas.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    So who here is eating every two hours, and has had results? I usually try, (keyword...try) diets, but no luck. I don't usually stick to them. But this time I'm on my second day of eating every two hours, only 200 calories per meal. Eating 3 meals and two snacks. My metabolism is the worst in the planet though, and I'm hoping I can get results this time around! I just wanted to know of anyone else out there trying this or having done it already! =)

oops just realised how old this thread is, sorry :flowerforyou:
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've been doing just this for the past 6 months or so. In that time i've lost 60+lbs. SOOOOOOOOOO i'd say it works for me. Plus it keeps me from feeling hungry. It's only on weekends where i ditch the eat every two hour things sometimes because i have bigger meals (cheats) at that point.
  • choupi_741
    Options
    I've lost 130 lbs on weight watchers/ mfp. I still want to lose 20, but I'm stuck . I want to try eating every 2 hours to see if that might help!
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Eating every 2 hours just makes me hungry, and I never feel satisfied. Just figure out what works for you. Meal timing doesn't really matter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat a small breakfast and then from lunch on I'm pretty much eating every couple of hours until I go to bed because that's when I'm hungry. If it helps you with dietary adherence, that's great...otherwise meal timing and frequency is irrelevant.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    my son did this for about 4 months. He GAINED weight during this time.

I would have to say by that logic timing does not matter. Besides, who wants to wake up at 2 am just to have some grapes.
  • choupi_741
    Options
    Actually I was not thinking about eating every 2 hours over a 24 hr period but more about eating smaller meals than have a snack in between. I don't know if that really helps speed metabolism or not, but i've read that it does.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I usually Eat when I'm hungry!
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Eating every 2 hours just makes me hungry, and I never feel satisfied. Just figure out what works for you. Meal timing doesn't really matter.

+1. I lost 30 pounds eating every few hours, but I was hungry a lot at the end.

Next time I start trying to lose (bulking now)... I'm going to switch to 2 big meals a day (lunch and dinner).
  • choupi_741
    Options
    Ok, well being hungry is not what I want either lol! What would you recommend to help lose the last 20 stubborn lbs? I eat 1375 cal a day+ I eat back the calories when I exercized . Still the scale does't move much
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2.5 hours, whether that be a meal or a snack. Seems to be working for me.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I eat a small breakfast and then from lunch on I'm pretty much eating every couple of hours until I go to bed because that's when I'm hungry. If it helps you with dietary adherence, that's great...otherwise meal timing and frequency is irrelevant.

This. I do it for perceived energy, and mood levels.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry. It usually ends up being 6 X a day and every few hours. Check out my diary. The past two days have been off since I had planned for eating out but if you go back several days you can see what I do on a regular basis. Meals are between 200-300 per. This works for me.