Pedometer app

Options
I had been using a generic free pedometer app on my phone for the last few months to calculate distance and calories burned during my daily lunchtime walk. Last night I downloaded the Nike+GPS app and used it today and learned that what I thought was a 3.2 mile walk is actually more than 4 miles! What a nice surprise! It has tons of features that I probably won't use but it audibly tells you when you've gone each mile, how long you've been going and what your pace is. You can even get a map of the area that you've covered. It doesn't tell you how many calories you've burned but I was always sceptical about that on the app and MFP calculates it anyway. Very nice app.

Replies

• nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Endomondo is another great app to track your distance, speed, actual route with GPS and calories. I love it! :) And then you can view everything online. You can also have "friends" sort of like on MFP so send motivational notes, messages, etc.

Would be awesome if it worked in conjunction with MFP!
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Try cardio trainer! it does all that and calculates calories (it asks for age, weight, etc when you set it up)

I love that it also allows me to run pandora in background so i have music and an audible to tell me distance/speed/time too!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper. It is free and gives voice prompts every five minutes letting you know time, distance, and pace. It uses GPS so itshould be accurate on the distance, and I have verified accuracy on known distances verified by cycling computer and/or car odometer. It has options for running, walking, and cycling. It also gives an estimate of calories burned. I like it a lot!