WTH?!! (woman issue)

Options
mirandamatte
mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
So yeah I thougth if working out did anything it would make my cycles lighter, not give me extra ones!!!!! I am in the middle of my stinking pill pack and I am bleeding !! I have been on this particular one ever since I have been on BC, so its not like its new. Stupid body, ugh!

Replies

• jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Well i'm not a woman but sorry to hear...:(
  • SweetieChops
    Options
    Hey, don't worry too much - the same happens to me. :(

But just think - it'll all be worth it in the end! Don't let it stop you! :):)
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    at least you are getting your TOMs - mine was due 5 weeks ago :o(
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    That happened to me too, the doctor prescribed me a higher dose
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Mine's been funky ever since I've lost weight. Missed it in March, ALMOST DIED when it didn't come! LOL
    Then was two weeks early, yeeesh!!!
    But I'm not on a OC.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that! Mine have stopped completely!!! At first I freaked out and thought I was pregnant again, but the Dr said I'm fine and not to worry. So yay!

I say go to your Dr and get checked out just in case. Maybe your hormones are a bit wacky and you need a higher dose BC since your body is changing.
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    I don't think its the exercise...you might want to consult your gynecologist...have you been on this BC awhile now? Your body may be going under some stress so your cycle may be changing up a bit. See your doc. You might need to get a different BC.
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    at least you are getting your TOMs - mine was due 5 weeks ago :o(

Have you been "being careful??" :O
  • Casey97
    Casey97 Posts: 5
    Options
    The same thing happened to me once I got into a solid workout routine

It sucked, but things got back on track after a few months

It's probably just your body trying to get use to the new routine
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree, mine gets completely wonky when I get back into regular exercise or start choosing my foods more selectively. I literally didn't get mine all last cross-country season (and I'm not underweight in the slightest)!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Mine was 5 days late and I've got cramps worse than I've ever had in my life, so yeah WTH??? Seems unfair to make things worse after all our hard work! :huh:
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    even though you didn't change anything the birth control may have changed. My doctor told me that they can change the formula of the bc without telling the users. I would talk to your doctor.
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    to be honest, if it a one off id ignore it. but if it happens go see your Dr. mid cycle bleeding shouldnt be a regular occurance.
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Mine disappeared for 4 months when I started eating differently. Just came back- was happy and sad about that... happy that things were back to normal, but it had been nice to miss the cramps and bloating. Checked with the dr. in the midst of it all, and he figured it wasn't anything to worry about. Sometimes things just have to adjust, I guess. Especially if you're making significant changes to your eating or exercise habits.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Have you lost some weight? I noticed when my weight started dropping that, even with the BC pill that I've been taking for over a year, my cycle changed a bit. It took about 5 months for it to settle back to normal.

Any chance you went from a name brand to a generic? Although generics are supposed to be the same, they can have fillers that effect how the drug works in your system. This happened to a friend of mine. She wanted to take the generic to save money but it made her moody.

It could also be that your natural hormone levels are changing with age. This happed to me after taking the same BC pill for 5 or 6 years, all of a sudden I was spotting during ovulation (mid-cycle) and a few days before my period started. I had to swich brands.

Definitely talk to your doctor if it keeps happening.