Size 30 and it's TIGHT! :( (pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    This may not be very much comfort to you, but trust me, as someone who used to work in the plus-size clothing retail world... Clothes are being made smaller these days. I know that doesn't account for your entire problem but please don't focus too much on the size of the clothes that you're buying. As long as you are making healthy choices you will start to see a huge difference. Keep up the great work! It will happen for you! I promise!

I KNEW IT! I look at a Large Shirt and think--heck, that looks like small to me!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Hi! We have the same starting weight and almost the same goal weight! Hang in there, sweetie. Keep in mind that this WILL be the LAST time you will EVER see those sizes again! You are out to make a change for the better. Just think, pretty soon those too tight clothes will be too loose. Don't feel bad for the place you're in now. You will NOT be staying there. This, too, shall pass. *Hugs*
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Look with someone else's eyes.. You have an hourglass. You will get to your goal. We're not too far apart in weight. Keep it simple. One step at a time. You are loosing weight. Be careful if it continues where you loose weight and still see mid-section inches adding on. I had that a year ago and found out that I had an ovarian cyst (no pain). It was the size of a 6 month++ pregnancy.

Be sure you continue working like you have... YOU LOOK FABULOUS!
  • Juliebean
    Options
    This may not be very much comfort to you, but trust me, as someone who used to work in the plus-size clothing retail world... Clothes are being made smaller these days. I know that doesn't account for your entire problem but please don't focus too much on the size of the clothes that you're buying. As long as you are making healthy choices you will start to see a huge difference. Keep up the great work! It will happen for you! I promise!

I KNEW IT! I look at a Large Shirt and think--heck, that looks like small to me!

I think I posted this on a different thread a few weeks ago, but I have a pair of pants from a few years ago that are a size 16 that still semi-fit me (altho they're a bit snug now and I probably can't get them buttoned...) but I need a size 22 in the same exact pants now. It's crazy. My best friend used to work as the stock-girl at Lane Bryant where I was the manager and she was a size 4. We used to laugh about it when she would buy clothes that were a size 14/16 that fit her, but really, it's just sad. :huh: :cry:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Ok so some women would kill for that cleavage!! :bigsmile: Like me :sad:

LOL you can have it. :wink: If I ever get to my ideal weight, I'm gonna see about a breast reduction. (they sag to my frickin belly button. :grumble: )

If you ever have any questions about a reduction, just ask!
    I had one in December and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!! :bigsmile:
    WORTH IT 1000%.
    BTW, if your insurance might cover it, start complaining to your doctor about the back pain caused by your breasts now. You might need proof you tried "conservative alternatives" for over a year to prove you NEED a reduction (my insurance had to have this).

And girl, let me TELL YOU what a GREAT reward new perky ta-tas will be once you reach your weight loss goal!!!

And you will reach your goal. You can do this. Stick to it honey!! :smile:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Ok so some women would kill for that cleavage!! :bigsmile: Like me :sad:

LOL you can have it. :wink: If I ever get to my ideal weight, I'm gonna see about a breast reduction. (they sag to my frickin belly button. :grumble: )

If you ever have any questions about a reduction, just ask!
    I had one in December and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!! :bigsmile:
    WORTH IT 1000%.
    BTW, if your insurance might cover it, start complaining to your doctor about the back pain caused by your breasts now. You might need proof you tried "conservative alternatives" for over a year to prove you NEED a reduction (my insurance had to have this).

And girl, let me TELL YOU what a GREAT reward new perky ta-tas will be once you reach your weight loss goal!!!

And you will reach your goal. You can do this. Stick to it honey!! :smile:

hehe I've been complaining of back pain for years. And I get skin infections on my breasts...so...I think I could get approved for it.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!!! (I only have one friend ) you have all of us as your friend..We may not be there with you though we are all here on this site to help each other.Hang in there, You will lose it takes time .
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!!! (I only have one friend ) you have all of us as your friend..We may not be there with you though we are all here on this site to help each other.Hang in there, You will lose it takes time .

thanks. :heart:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Don't give up. Look with someone else's eyes.. You have an hourglass. You will get to your goal. We're not too far apart in weight. Keep it simple. One step at a time. You are loosing weight. Be careful if it continues where you loose weight and still see mid-section inches adding on. I had that a year ago and found out that I had an ovarian cyst (no pain). It was the size of a 6 month++ pregnancy.

I had an ultrasound of my female organs late last year and it was normal cept small fibriods...and then I had a CT scan a few weeks back of my pelvic region...not sure if that would show ovarian cysts though b/c it was looking at my bladder and kidneys. But I've been having a lot of stomach pain the past couple months and my periods have been horrible...so I may go back to my ob/gyn soon. I have an appointment in Nov for my annual pap...so if it continues until then, I'll mention it then but if it gets worse, I'll go in early.
  • GoGetterMom
    Options

I had an ultrasound of my female organs late last year and it was normal cept small fibriods...and then I had a CT scan a few weeks back of my pelvic region...not sure if that would show ovarian cysts though b/c it was looking at my bladder and kidneys. But I've been having a lot of stomach pain the past couple months and my periods have been horrible...so I may go back to my ob/gyn soon. I have an appointment in Nov for my annual pap...so if it continues until then, I'll mention it then but if it gets worse, I'll go in early.
    Yeah, keep an eye on it... During my visit to the OBGYN they didn't feel anything at all. I pushed for the ultrasound because I was sure when I laid on my tummy I felt a walnut by my right ovary... I had a simple cyst (water filled) and they never flet it (maybe because I carry my extra weight in my belly). I ended up with a torsion (which can be life threatening).

Please listen to your body.... There are some things only you can tell the differences going on. Keep us posted.

Good luck cutie!
  • ShanIsRad
    Options

I have polycystic ovary syndrome, and I have 2 cysts (I named them, lol), and I hate them, so I do hope that you don't have them. I'm supposed to go for a sonogram because the last one I had was February of 2007, when my pediatrician and my mom (she's a nurse) both thought that I had appendicitis, but it turned out to be 2 lovely cysts that hurt like hell every month.

Don't pay attention to the sizes!! Even if you've shopped from Avenue before, a size 24 in one style may be a size 30 in another. I just had this problem with American Rag jeans (a juniors brand from Macy's). I bought 2 new pairs, a straight leg and skinny jean, but they are size 13, and still snug. BUT last summer I bought a pair of flared jeans from them, and they're an 11 and fit me better than the 13s so keep that in mind. I've also run into this problem with other brands, it is annoying, but it happens a lot. Even men's shirts, when I go to concerts I usually buy the tour shirt, and recently I've noticed that a particular brand is not only cut a size small, but then also shrinks another size in the wash (happens over time)!
  • amberrobinson1
    Options
    I started my diet about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it took over a week for the first pound to come off. I weighed 264 and ate myself happy. Exercise is definately the key. Even if you just get out and walk, the weight will start to come off. Since last Tuesday I have lost 6 pounds. I am eating only fowl and fish and whole wheat and vegetables. I have been doing a lot of exercise though, an hour at the gym then walking with my kids. You will be amazed at the energy you'll have once you really get into it. I still have a problem walking up stairs and carrying my baby around but it takes time. I wish you the best of luck.:smile:91581.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pinkpixies
    Options

Yeah, keep an eye on it... During my visit to the OBGYN they didn't feel anything at all. I pushed for the ultrasound because I was sure when I laid on my tummy I felt a walnut by my right ovary... I had a simple cyst (water filled) and they never flet it (maybe because I carry my extra weight in my belly). I ended up with a torsion (which can be life threatening).

Please listen to your body.... There are some things only you can tell the differences going on. Keep us posted.

Good luck cutie!
    Thanks. My ob/gyn wanted to do another ultrasound at my last appointment (b/c it always hurts when she presses on my belly) but I said no b/c I thought I just had another UTI...but the cultures came back negative....even though the dipstick thingy showed both blood and protein in my urine. *sighs* They still don't know what is causing the blood and protein in my urine...the nephrologist did a couple tests and has decided it's just from me being "morbidly obese" and the urologist did a CT scan and then decided it was just showing blood b/c I'm not doing the clean catch correctly. (I'm still wondering why it would show blood if I'm not having my period? Where would be blood come from even if the clean catch was done wrong?)
  • pinkpixies
    Options

I have polycystic ovary syndrome, and I have 2 cysts (I named them, lol), and I hate them, so I do hope that you don't have them. I'm supposed to go for a sonogram because the last one I had was February of 2007, when my pediatrician and my mom (she's a nurse) both thought that I had appendicitis, but it turned out to be 2 lovely cysts that hurt like hell every month.

Don't pay attention to the sizes!! Even if you've shopped from Avenue before, a size 24 in one style may be a size 30 in another. I just had this problem with American Rag jeans (a juniors brand from Macy's). I bought 2 new pairs, a straight leg and skinny jean, but they are size 13, and still snug. BUT last summer I bought a pair of flared jeans from them, and they're an 11 and fit me better than the 13s so keep that in mind. I've also run into this problem with other brands, it is annoying, but it happens a lot. Even men's shirts, when I go to concerts I usually buy the tour shirt, and recently I've noticed that a particular brand is not only cut a size small, but then also shrinks another size in the wash (happens over time)!

I've been worrying about PCOS b/c I have some symptoms of a hormone imbalance. (stomach pain...irregular periods when off birth control...severe body acne and odd random hairs...etc...) but all the tests came back normal...except my thyroid...which I guess could explain some of it.

I was a size 11 before my thyroid messed up and I gained all this weight. :cry: I thought I was fat then. haha but now I'd love to be that small!
  • GoGetterMom
    Options

Good luck cutie!
    Thanks. My ob/gyn wanted to do another ultrasound at my last appointment (b/c it always hurts when she presses on my belly) but I said no b/c I thought I just had another UTI...but the cultures came back negative....even though the dipstick thingy showed both blood and protein in my urine. *sighs* They still don't know what is causing the blood and protein in my urine...the nephrologist did a couple tests and has decided it's just from me being "morbidly obese" and the urologist did a CT scan and then decided it was just showing blood b/c I'm not doing the clean catch correctly. (I'm still wondering why it would show blood if I'm not having my period? Where would be blood come from even if the clean catch was done wrong?)
    IDK on the catch - doesn't seem to make sense. Go for the ultrasound.
  • pinkpixies
    Options

Good luck cutie!
    IDK on the catch - doesn't seem to make sense. Go for the ultrasound.

I will eventually. I hate having ultrasounds though. :laugh: Gots to drink lots of water and then hold it while they press on your bladder! Oh joy. hehe and then the internal one is no fun either. :noway: