personal trainer

2»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I think if you have the money, go for it. If not, there are plenty of online trainers that write blogs/fitness articles that will do the job for free. Or you could invest in P90X or Insanity or something?

It really depends how much you would personally benefit from one on one instruction.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Someone asked me this yesterday and this was my answer

Mine is 2 half hour sessons a week for $200 a month. It all really depends on how you and your trainer get a long. I have been using mine for over a year and I love her. She never has me do the same thing twice and is always mixing it up. I have a hard time doing strength training on my own and tried to do it for about a month with out her and I kept making excuses not to go. So if you need someone to be accountable to it is a great benefit and they are always researching new exercises and can make sure your form is correct when doing free weight. I really don't think I would be where I am with out her. Like tonight I know I wouldn't have worked my legs as much as I did if she wasn't there pushing me on.

I am very pro-trainer but you have to get one you like and doesn't push you just for the money or to sell products.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    I personally don't think its worth it aside from an initial session to learn how to use the machines.

youtube is great for seeing how to do things with proper form.
    bodybuilding.com is full of workout routines.

spend a little time with those two sites and you could save a ton of money.

great suggestion!
  • almeria1
    almeria1 Posts: 25 Member
    thank you for sharing!
  • almeria1
    Wow! 87 pounds! Congrats!!! I hope I can reach my goal as well!
    Someone asked me this yesterday and this was my answer

Mine is 2 half hour sessons a week for $200 a month. It all really depends on how you and your trainer get a long. I have been using mine for over a year and I love her. She never has me do the same thing twice and is always mixing it up. I have a hard time doing strength training on my own and tried to do it for about a month with out her and I kept making excuses not to go. So if you need someone to be accountable to it is a great benefit and they are always researching new exercises and can make sure your form is correct when doing free weight. I really don't think I would be where I am with out her. Like tonight I know I wouldn't have worked my legs as much as I did if she wasn't there pushing me on.

I am very pro-trainer but you have to get one you like and doesn't push you just for the money or to sell products.
  • almeria1
    Thank you for sharing! You have done a great job!
This discussion has been closed.