Curves

Options
SUSANB37
SUSANB37 Posts: 61 Member
Has anyone tried going to Curves? If so, what was it like? Did you get a good workout and did you see any results?

Replies

• myshell67
    myshell67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tanyizzle
    tanyizzle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been going to curves sense mid January. I have lot 40 lbs so far. so in my opinion its a great work out. I have also lost 20 inches around my body. I would highly recommend it.
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    Options
    I tried Curves but it didn't work for me for 2 reasons.

1) There's no structure. You show up when you want. Maybe it would work better if you have a friend that you schedual to meet there at a specific day & time. But for me "come whenever you feel like it " amounted to never feeling like it.

2) The workout isn't very hard. This is coming from a 300 lbs 42 yr old with a VERY sedentary lifestyle. If *I* didn't find it very hard, I don't think anyone under 60 will.

My 2 cents - take it for what you want :)
  • xxx29
    xxx29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I tried Curves but it didn't work for me for 2 reasons.

1) There's no structure. You show up when you want. Maybe it would work better if you have a friend that you schedual to meet there at a specific day & time. But for me "come whenever you feel like it " amounted to never feeling like it.

2) The workout isn't very hard. This is coming from a 300 lbs 42 yr old with a VERY sedentary lifestyle. If *I* didn't find it very hard, I don't think anyone under 60 will.

My 2 cents - take it for what you want :)

Doing Curves now. I love that it's an "all-women" workout. The Curves weight management plan is good, as is the motivational support from the staff and the other patrons. I've lost 20 pounds approximately one pound per every three workouts, and my blood pressure, general fitness, stamina, strength, and flexibility are better than when I was skinny.

As to the points above:

1) Most exercise does not have a structure. You do it when you want, because you are motivated. If you need structure of a schedule, join a Zumba class (now at Curves) or a planned aerobics class.

2) Because of how the machines are built, the circuit is as hard as you make it--that way, it works for Silver Sneakers, beginners, the extremely overweight, those with health issues, and those more fit. I see women come in just to socialize, and I see women (including me) who work up a sweat and put the machines to the test. I will say, often beginners think the workout is too "easy", but those who stick with it find that it's toning and shaping them as well as a more strenuous workout.