Where to "stop" for something healthy?

Options
Ali_TSO
Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
Ok, so my husband and I have decided to "stop somewhere" on the way home for something to eat. We are SICK and TIRED of eating at home, lol. :grumble:

And please, those of you who are going to say "Don't stop, just cook when you get home."....don't reply at all, lol. :explode: That's the whole point. :laugh:

We want a night where we don't HAVE to cook... But don't want to go to a "sit down" dinner either. All suggestions are appreciated...and if you have the cal count, even better! :wink:

Replies

• cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    SUBWAY! Tim hortons... or Panera Bread! :) All have great options!
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    suprisingly enough BK has a great salad
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I second Panera, yum!
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    We always do SUBWAY...sit down or grab and go!!!!!! Yummy Yummy!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    SUBWAY! Tim hortons... or Panera Bread! :) All have great options!

If you do subway, get a foot long and then split it between the two of you.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I love the oatmeal at McD's. Of course, when compared to oatmeal at home it's higher calories, but that's just what happens when you eat out. ;)

I like Subway! A turkey breast sub on whole wheat with lots of veggies and ask for the LIGHT mayo if you're a mayo gal.

Chili's has margarita chicken that is AMAZING. High in sodium, but not too terrible on calories or fat. Served with beans. yum!

There is an asagio peppercorn steak at Applebee's that is TO.Die.For! Under 550 calories! They have a few other under 550 meals too. :)

Enjoy your treat!!

(ps. Chili's and Applebees have curbside carry outs, so you don't have to sit inside)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Subway- my absolute favorite!
  • jkakins86
    jkakins86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Between classes I have no time or other options other than going to Burger King, & I order a Grilled Chicken on Ciabatta with no mayo, & it's 360 calories. Not too bad, decently healthy and pretty delicious :)
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    Panera or Chik Fil A!
  • new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Panera is my favorite. Jasons deli has good options too. Also Zoes kitchen if there is one in your area. And chickfila!
  • crissa413
    crissa413 Posts: 67
    Options
    McAlister's or Panera are my favorites!!
  • gismo_18
    gismo_18 Posts: 2
    Options
    McDonald's Asian Salad is THE BOMB and so is Wendy's Baja Salad (with chili) YUMMY! They are my FAVORITE!!

PS...the Wendy's salad is available in a half portion too and is very filling.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Some sit-down restaurants have take-away service too. Check out the websites for Applebees (they list cal count for many dishes), Chili's (the Margarita Chicken is very light and very tasty), or whatever is in your area for chain restaurants. Just call ahead and they'll have it ready for you.
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    suprisingly enough BK has a great salad

Tendercrisp chicken salad is 410 cals and then how ever much for the dressing. thats where i stop.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I always hate to stop at Subway and spend the money. I eat sandwiches all the time at home and can pay a fraction of the price......I wish there was something to just grab when you're on the go too. And not a salad or sandwich!!!! I saw somewhere that a place had a turkey burger but that the regular hambuger would be better for you?!?! AHHHH! What is wrong with these places??
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I actually had some Wendys last night and they have the new berry almond chicken salad. I had the half size w/vinegarette dressing and it was scrumptous! I think the total cals were around 350 to include the dressing.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    i really think you can go anywhere that sounds good to you!!! Healthy options are everywhere, its about being smart! No mayo, no cheese, thin crust pizza extra sauce less cheese, grilled not fried, salad instead of fries(hold the ranch) Go to whatever sounds good, just be smart about it and you''ll be just fine!!!
  • mrstyler
    mrstyler Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm joining the Panera bandwagon. I love that place. You can get a tasty meal for a reasonable price and whatever calories you want. When I need something filling but low in calories, I do a Classic salad, which is about 170 calories without chicken [not much more if you do.] Their sandwiches tend to be in the 500-900 range. They also do a pick two of half items, so I can get a sandwich and the classic half salad and still be under 500. And all their calorie information is easily available, so no guessing.
  • chmie662
    chmie662 Posts: 31
    Options
    subway buffalo chicken without the ranch or their teryaki chicken is a good choice. sushi and sweet tomatoes are good options or even chick-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich.
  • Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell! Steak or Chicken Fresco Soft tacos about 160 calories!