running shoes

Options
2»

Replies

• kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks adrenelines. Every time I try a new shoe (new balance, saucony, nike, mizuno) I end up going back to my Brooks. But everyone is different, so definitely get fitted.
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I second that...I love a good bargain, but what I won't do is go cheap on my running sneakers. I did that before and I paid dearly for it. A good pair of running sneakers definitely makes up for all the knee pain and shin splints in the world!!!
  • myndee
    myndee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just broke down and bought new running shoes yesterday! I tried on lots in the store but ended up with a pair of Saucony Grid Flex. I put my first few miles on them last night and they feel GREAT!
  • Ballybabe1
    Ballybabe1 Posts: 57
    Options
    My friend just had a coaching session with a professional runner and she said all the different types of runners for running, for walking, for different sports etc is a load of crap, its a money game for to sell them. She said just wear whichever pair you are most comfortable with even if that is a department store pair, many of the department store own brands are manufactured by some of the leading brandnames but they just dont put their brand on them. So dont fork out a fortune on shoes just cause they are meant to be the next best thing, try on a few and see what is most comfortable for u. What feels good on others may not suit you. Just a few words of advice that she got from a professional runner, definitely worth consideration.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Take an old pair of runners to the store to show them the wear pattern--it will reveal a lot.

I did this, I was wearing them and it does tell someone who knows about shoes alot about the way you walk and run.